Desktop Metal, based in Burlington, Massachusetts is reinventing the way engineering and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Founded in 2015 by leaders in advanced manufacturing, metallurgy, and robotics, the company is addressing the unmet challenges of speed, cost, and quality to make metal 3D printing an essential tool for engineers and manufacturers around the world. Desktop Metal has raised a total of $277 million in financing. Among the company’s investors include GV (formerly Google Ventures), GE Ventures, BMW, Lowe’s, and Techtronic Industries (TTI)
In 2017, Desktop Metal was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies; named by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Places to Work in Boston and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Science’s “2017 Best of What’s New.”
Channel Sales Operations Analyst
Desktop Metal is seeking a Channel Sales Operations Analyst in a blended role to expand our Salesforce.com environment, and continue improving sales productivity. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Channel Sales Operations and will work closely with other members of the Sales, Finance, Operations, and Marketing teams on numerous aspects of the business.
Desktop Metal works in a high speed fast paced environment, within a rapidly growing startup. This environment will provide opportunities to learn, grow and achieve personal development goals. It will also provide the candidate autonomy to problem solve and find solutions with minimum managerial oversight.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work with other individuals from other departments, such as: Finance, Sales leadership, Marketing, Product teams, Channel teams and various other departments to help maintain and increase the productivity of Desktop Metal Sales. Duties may also include:
- Administration of the Salesforce.com environment
- Build and manage the scalability and cleanliness of a Salesforce environment in accordance to Salesforce best practices.
- Create and manage users, profiles, roles, custom objects, fields, layouts, record types, workflows, flows, validations, and the process builder within Hubspot
- Own the account assignment and territory management rules.
- Recognize and understand financial concepts in the context of sales quoting process. This would relate to discounting and application of promotional pricing.
- Understands and ensures compliance with order policies and procedures as they relate to Sales and Services.
Build reports and dashboards for executives and Channel Partners
- Ensure data integrity by monitoring for accuracy and completeness
- Develop strong relationships with the sales team to support their use of the application(s)
- Evaluate, recommend and implement third party solutions and appexchange packages based on business request or project needs
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis
Manage content and processes related to sales, and sales operations
- Train internal or external users on Salesforce.com or Hubspot as needed
- Participate in other projects and duties as it relates to Sales Activities.
- Ability to travel as needed (estimated 10%)
Support daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly operational reporting and executive dashboards.
- Analyze monthly operational results, understanding the key variance drivers and providing actionable insights to senior management.
- Provide and support ad-hoc reporting services for non-standard issues and analyses
- Assist in applying and expanding new technology and tools to support the Sales team
Participate in process improvement initiatives and goal conformance monitoring.
- Prepare regular reporting packages to senior management.
- Develop a strong understanding of the global business and markets in which we participate.
- Extract data (from a variety of sources including Hubspot, and SalesForce.com) and perform detailed data analysis on internal processes and productivity.
- Other Operational duties as needed.
- 3+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce.com.
- Prior experience in Sales Operations at a B2B technology company or channel organization
- Ability to establish and manage priorities and drive projects to completion.
- 4-yr college degree in Business, Finance, Operations or similar work experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong level of organization skills and commitment to Hubspot/Salesforce best practices
- High degree of enthusiasm, professionalism and curiosity
- Having 3D Printing experience and a strong network within AM is a plus!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess 2+ years in operations, strategy, finance or similar type-role
- 1-2 years of work experience in the 3d printing, channel, or other technology space
- Self-starter, can work independently under minimal supervision.
- Highly detail oriented, with strong attention to accuracy.
- Experience working at a startup is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to confidently interact with senior industry stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; professional and confident demeanor. A passion for learning.
- Utilize project management and sales software (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot, and in-house CRM software) to track results and improve operational efficiencies.
- Participate in annual business planning & quarterly business reviews.