Desktop Metal, based in Burlington, Massachusetts is reinventing the way engineering and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Founded in 2015 by leaders in advanced manufacturing, metallurgy, and robotics, the company is addressing the unmet challenges of speed, cost, and quality to make metal 3D printing an essential tool for engineers and manufacturers around the world. Desktop Metal has raised a total of $277 million in financing. Among the company’s investors include GV (formerly Google Ventures), GE Ventures, BMW, Lowe’s, and Techtronic Industries (TTI)
In 2017, Desktop Metal was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies; named by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Places to Work in Boston and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Science’s “2017 Best of What’s New.”
The Southeast Channel Sales Manager develops, maintains, and expands relationships with Channel Partners in a defined geographic region or industry vertical. The Southeast Channel Manager represents the range of Desktop Metal products and services and is responsible for achieving sales and partner success objectives.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned Partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of Desktop Metal personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ and customer satisfaction.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts and region.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process for performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels through excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Manages lead distribution activity to multiple partners in the assigned region.
- Maintains accurate sales forecasting data and regular communication to management using tools provided.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements and programs.
- Represents Desktop Metal at Key Industry Events.
- Recruits/Replaces partners as required to grow overall business responsibly.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves assigned sales quota for the region and individual partner accounts.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- BA/BS Degree – technical focus preferred.
- 5+ years of channel sales experience in a technology-based capital equipment B2B environment.
- 3D Print/Additive Manufacturing Experience highly preferred.
- Strong Understanding of product development and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Strong basic computer skills – (word/excel/powerpoint/CRM/Mac/PC).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This is remote location position – typically from a home office.
- Requires extensive travel to partner, event and end customer locations as well as visits to DM Headquarters in Burlington, MA.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.