Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help marketing and sales teams overcome the disruptive data and technology fragmentation that inhibits insight and forces them to spam their prospects. We do this by injecting Account Intelligence into every step of the buyer journey, wherever our clients interact with customers, and by helping them orchestrate every action across systems and channels - through advertising, account-based experience, and sales motions. The result? You spot opportunities earlier, engage with them more intelligently, and close deals faster.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and teams in the UK and India, and allow employees to work remotely. We have also been continuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
Demandbase is looking for a Head of Cloud Ops. This is an excellent opportunity to lead Demandbase’s world-class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your leadership and technical skills at one of the most innovative and progressive B2B marketing and advertising companies.
We're looking for an enterprise software leader that has deep roots in engineering but more importantly, is an inspirational leader who is able to effectively navigate an organization, lead/mentor/coach/retain engineers, and have high visibility across all parts of the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the overall Cloud Ops Engineering team, including hiring, mentoring, retaining, growing, and empowering.
- Define team strategy and roadmaps for short and long terms.
- Work with key business stakeholders, product management and user experience to get clear business requirement and product requirement documents.
- Approve design documents, provide guidance on technical direction and, in general, always make sure your team has clarity on what they need to build.
- Drive engineering innovation and excellence.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis to build trust.
What we’re looking for:
- An exciting, visionary leader who can help us stay on the leading edge of organizational and engineering best practices
- 5+ years of relevant management experience
- Enterprise SaaS or hosted product experience is a must
- Experience with a 100+ engineering teams and $100M+ revenue
- Experience with our stack which is diverse and open stack (GCP, AWS, Scala, Python, Go, Shell, Jenkins, Git, Containers and Kubernetes) and this list can be much longer
- A proven ability to attract and retain top technical talent
- Exceptional communication skills - like, REALLY exceptional!
What you'll be doing:
- Be a strong Strategic Leader
- Build and Lead the Live Site Operations team
- Ownership of Reporting, Analytics, and Executive/Board Interface
- Ownership of Modeling and Projections
- Interface with Engineering and Product to drive accountability, priorities, and OKRs
- Supervision, coordinate with other teams during outages
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for you and your entire family, $1,000 personal development stipend, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, Headspace, Ginger, and 13 paid holidays. Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.
We are a fully remote company with the option to work in an office (San Francisco, San Mateo, Seattle, and NYC) for those who are fully vaccinated and want to get out of the house.