Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, and London, and allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer at Demandbase who delivers reliable and secure tools and automation which enable development agility while ensuring security is maintained. You should be a seasoned engineer who is experienced at developing code and automation tools, familiar with new and upcoming cloud technology, have worked on securing and administering AWS or other public cloud environments, and are security-conscious. You will focus on security automation and build solutions in partnership with our product organization to enforce security from the ground up. The benefits of your work will have an immediate impact on development productivity.
Information security plays a vital and ever-expanding role within the Demandbase ecosystem. Our information technology environment is highly distributed and diverse, with strong leadership and coordination from the CTO. As we push the boundaries of cutting-edge technology, data analytics, and complex infrastructure, we are looking for a forward-thinking security engineer to uphold security as a core tenant of the Demandbase mission.
What you’ll be doing:
- On-demand secure access to critical infrastructure: Implement tooling which enables on-demand, and self-serve access to critical AWS resources for pre-approved use cases.
- Detect and fix misconfigured AWS resources: Develop tooling to scan and alert on any misconfigured AWS resources.
- Secure-by-default access to AWS resources: Deliver tooling which enforces secure access of AWS resources and eliminates the need for using shared keys.
What we’re looking for:
- Engineering background at a growth-stage/start-up/mid-market SaaS company. You are coder, and should be comfortable reviewing and discussing architecture and code with software and infrastructure engineers.
- Proficient in shell scripting, one interpreted language (ideally python), and one compiled language. This means that you will pass a coding interview around basic data structures and commonly used algorithms.
- You should be comfortable using Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- Significant hands-on experience (2+ years) building and securing production-grade cloud infrastructure in either Amazon (preference) or another public cloud.
- Proficient in building automation tools and services which simplify and improve the adoption of security-by-design and security-by-default concepts.
- Strong technical communication skills and the ability to translate security risks into clear and practical technical requirements.
- Mastery of kubernetes hardening, administration, and configuration.
- Knowledge and proficiency in web application security and OWASP Top 10.
- Experience with a service mesh and the Open Policy Agent is a plus.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) and an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, and close the accounts that matter. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.