Intro to Demandbase:
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the role:
As our first Equity Manager, you'll be responsible for the hands-on, end-to-end administration of Demandbase’s global equity plans, including equity grants, option exercises, more.
You will partner with the Accounting, Finance, Legal and HR teams to ensure that processes and roles support the Company. You will also serve as the contact for all inquiries related to equity. This role will report to our Global Payroll and Equity Manager and can be based anywhere within the US.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the daily administration of our stock plans globally including eligibility, approvals, processing stock option, exercises, tax withholdings, expirations, cancelations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions
- Partner with other functional leads (including in Legal, HR and Finance) to develop processes that ensures the accuracy of all equity data including all aspects of record-keeping, withholding, reporting, reconciliation and auditing
- Set up and roll out new equity offerings (i.e. RSUs), working with all key stakeholders to ensure smooth enablement
- Work to create stock reports as requested; assist with stock-related disclosures and with internal, external audits and investigations related to stock matters
- Manage the overall quarterly calendar of various stock administration related activities and ensure that it fits in with the accounting close process
- Design and implement educational sessions, presentations, and communication materials for the global employee base to support understanding of equity programs and policies
- Assist efforts to improve the stock administration function, including improving and introducing additional best practices with controls, automate routine workstreams and paperwork processes to ensure more efficient, accurate, and processing of stock administration matters and reports
- Prepare monthly and annual reconciliation of all equity information, develop key controls that would satisfy future SOX requirements
- Lead system improvement and implementation as needed
- Assist with bi-monthly payroll preparation
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in administration of global equity plans (CEP certification is preferred)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of equity plans and multiple equity types
- Experience working directly with major third-party equity software systems such as E*Trade and/or Shareworks
- Experience partnering cross-functionally including, Legal, HR, Payroll, Accounting, and FP&A
- Broad experience with a range of equity compensation instruments and plans
- General payroll experience a plus
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic, the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.