Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
As the Lead API Engineer, you are responsible for the design and architecture of APIs for the partner side of the SaaS platform which plugs into the back-end systems.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Demandbase offices will be closed for the foreseeable future and all positions are remote until further notice.
What you'll be doing:
- Guide the creation of external facing APIs, as well as the development and testing of best practices for API design.
- Ideally, strong experience with architecture and hands-on developing APIs - we’ve found that the best API leads are those who code. The focus is design and architecture of APIs for the partner side of the SaaS platform which plugs into the back-end systems.
- This integration-side API lead engineer needs to clearly understand the differences, and be able to speak both app/web/consumption and back-end/integration/exposure languages because alignment between the two concerns is critical.
- To be tasked with understanding the ins and outs of the cloud-based SaaS API platform
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns, and best practices especially Swagger and Open API 3.0, REST, MQ, JSON, Microservices, etc.
- Implementation experience of REST API Service architectures using any of the leading API Management tools.
- Proven experience and fluency with server-side app development using Scala
- Solid knowledge of API, backend server components and performance optimization
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of service via OAuth 2
- Experience with CI/CD Tools (Gitlab) for deployment automation of critical platform components
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the API platform.
- Educate other team members on how to operate and leverage the platform for best advantage in the organization, in turn increasing adoption and providing even better leverage.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.