The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Demandbase is currently looking for a Staff Data Scientist to develop ground-breaking insights from our data sets and create a completely new way of data-driven thinking in B2B marketing —providing Sales and Marketing users with unique approaches for account-based advertising and web engagement.
As a Staff Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for developing and testing hypotheses on behavioral responses in B2B marketing, creating models that extract data from, among others, website, digital advertising, and CRM solutions into actionable insights, and defining leading edge thinking on how analytical frameworks can be applied to predictive marketing. You’ll engage closely with product managers, engineers, customers and others to turn your models into products that delight customers and create "A-HA" moments. You will engage with industry peers and experts and showcase your findings (of course while maintaining company and client confidentiality!). You are both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across functional groups and with executive stakeholders at customers like the above.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own: Be the functional owner of the Data Science role
- Frame: Use data and insights to explore questions our customers and product team can and should be asking but never asked before.
- Define: Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define hypotheses and models, and with engineering teams to define productionalization of data science system
- Document: Write clear, concise descriptions of how insights can be converted into repeatable actions.
- Build: Write robust machine learning pipelines and data science systems that interface with production infrastructure and APIs
- Test: Continually test your models and refine assumptions, data sources and more.
- Drive: Work to spread understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of data science experience—you have driven more than one greenfield project from concept to production release
- Strong quantitative and data analysis abilities (statistics, engineering, or financial academic background preferred)—making data actionable must be your thing!
- Good working knowledge of Spark is a must (we use Scala heavily)
- Any experience with Google Cloud (especially BQML) and AWS is a huge plus.
- Experience defining products & solutions containing large data sets from diverse sources— preferably in sales and/or marketing situations.
- Prior experience in the marketing or sales analytics/data science space desired
- Knowledge of web site, digital marketing, and CRM technologies and companies a big plus
Other important qualities:
- You are perfectly comfortable working in a fast paced, market making environment
- You love data and data visualization—you love making data actionable for customers
- You are a driver and a doer
- You are truly passionate about asking and answering questions – some never asked before
- You have a strong sense of ownership for the products you help build
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, 100% paid for short-term and long-term disability, 100% paid for life insurance, 401k, flexible vacation
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, engage, close and measure progress against best-fit accounts. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.