The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Principal Engineer, you’ll take over leadership of the team that develops our flagship sales tool; Conversion, taking our already solid product to the next level. Initially you’ll be hands on, owning all the components of our infrastructure. Over time you’ll build out and manage the team.
A successful Principal Engineer, will possess proven experience in building out high-performance large-scale systems. They will also have a keen eye for technical leadership and setting direction for products in an independent fashion.
You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering, data science and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define: Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s sales product (Conversion) including batch and streaming systems, front-end, database concerns, NLP algorithms and integration with CRMs such as Salesforce.
- Document: Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
- Test: Ensure all new and modified code is tested to the highest quality at delivery time
- Code: Build new features for V2 of our sales product
- Monitor & Deploy: See development through to deployment in our Kubernetes cluster and enable monitoring via InfluxDB, Grafana, New Relic and PageDuty.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Science or Master's in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a huge data environment
- Must have deep expertise in Salesforce integration
- Worked at a start-up (less than 150 employees) within the past 6 years
- Deep understanding, and strong experience building applications across the traditional web application stack
- Strong backend skills: Java or Scala.
- Experience integrating with CRM systems such as Salesforce, SAP or MS Dynamics
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Proven knowledge of AWS or GCP fundamentals and tooling
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms is a plus
- Experience or strong interest in machine learning is a plus
- Some experience in front-end development a plus
- Able to handle ambiguous delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
- Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth
Why join us:
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of Engineers, PMs, Data Scientists, and Sales and Marketing leaders
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, cell phone reimbursement, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase, the leader in Account-Based Marketing, enables B2B companies to identify and target the accounts they value most, and then market to them across the entire funnel. The Demandbase B2B Data Cloud is the definitive B2B database and technology for targeting accounts and specific segments within those accounts. The B2B Data Cloud supports customers across their existing, full marketing technology stack and powers The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud, which is the only subscription-based ad targeting and web personalization solution that lets marketers connect campaigns directly to revenue. The B2B Marketing Cloud is powered by patented technology, which allows companies to identify the accounts they value most and personalize their digital marketing efforts to them. With Demandbase, businesses can target, engage, convert and retain the customers that matter most to their bottom line. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Adobe, Salesforce.com, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive Account-Based Marketing and maximize their marketing performance. More information can be found at https://www.demandbase.com.