The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B martech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Senior/Principal Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building out all aspects relating to the Demandbase advertising platform and moving products from R&D into production scale. Strong technical leadership and broad knowledge of many web application stacks/architectures will make you successful in this role.
A successful Senior Full Stack Engineer, will possess proven experience in building out high-performance large-scale systems. They will also have a keen eye for technical leadership and setting direction for products in an independent fashion.
You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering, data science and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define: Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s Advertising Platform including APIs, batch systems, front-end, and database concerns.
- Document: Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
- Test: Ensure all new and modified code is tested to the highest quality at delivery time
- Code: Build new features for our B2B Advertising Platform including the creation of an A/B testing framework, reporting system and real-time ad targeting infrastructure that receives 200 thousand requests per second.
- Monitor & Deploy: See development through to deployment in our Kubernetes cluster and enable monitoring via InfluxDB, Grafana and PageDuty.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Science or Master's in Computer Science and 5+ years of working experience
- Worked in a start-up (less than 150 employees) within the past 6 years
- Deep understanding, and strong experience building applications across the traditional web application stack
- Strong backend skills: Go or Python, as well as mastery of one or more compiled languages, preferably a JVM based language.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Proven knowledge of AWS or GCP fundamentals and tooling
- Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms is a plus
- Experience or strong interest in machine learning is a plus
- Ability to define standards and best practices for teams
- Some experience in front-end development a plus
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to handle ambiguous delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
- Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth
Why join us:
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of Engineers, PMs, Data Scientists, and Sales and Marketing leaders
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!