The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is a new role at Demandbase. We are looking for an experienced, energetic, engaging and visionary leader who wants to become part of an exciting, vibrant community of information technology professionals supporting Demandbase’s mission: to own the Account-Based Marketing category.
Information security plays a vital and ever-expanding role within the Demandbase ecosystem. Our information technology environment is highly distributed and diverse, with strong leadership and coordination from the CTO and direct report units. We are seeking a proven leader to provide vision, strategy, broad-based planning, with hands-on responsibility as the CISO. As we push the boundaries of cutting-edge technology, data analytics, and complex infrastructure, we are looking for a transformative and forward-thinking security leader to ensure security remains a core tenant of the Demandbase mission.
The CISO is a member of the Executive team and serves a key role working closely with senior executives and the greater Demandbase community. You will be an advocate for Demandbase’s information security program and vision, be responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive information security strategy, and lead a team of highly-skilled engineers focused on making engineering secure by default. You will lead the development and implementation of a security program, advise senior leadership on security direction and resource investments, and design appropriate policies to manage information security risk.
The complexity of this position requires a leadership approach that is engaging, imaginative, and collaborative, with the ability to work with other leaders to not only reduce information security risk, but uplift and maximize business outcomes.
The top priorities of the CISO will be:
- Security Strategy and Roadmap: Defining the security roadmap and policy in alignment with the strategic goals and needs of the business.
- Security Operations: Developing an information security capability which can detect and respond to imminent threats to the business in real time. This team will be responsible for managing and implementing a well-defined process for threat monitoring, detection, and response.
- Proactive Security Controls: Evaluating strategic investments in security software, resources, infrastructure, and tooling necessary to secure the business. Driving projects with key business units on core security services (Identity, Vulnerability Management, Detection/Response).
- Cyber-risk and Intelligence: Developing an information security capability for identifying developing security threats, contextualizing risk to the Board of Directors, and support acquisitions and other transformative business moves.
- Customer Evangelism: Leading security and compliance conversations with potential customers on key initiatives, security operations, and infrastructure.
- Data Loss and Fraud Prevention: Developing an information security capability to detect, deter, and respond to data loss, fraud, insider threat, and abuse of data.
- Security Training and Awareness: Leading security as a core tenant of the Demandbase culture by advising business units on security threats, best practices, trends, and vulnerabilities.
- Governance, Compliance and Risk: Collaborating with Legal, Communications, and Executive Leadership to support security standards, compliance requirements, and a risk management program.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing sound security strategies and policies which align industry technology direction, threats, risks, and Demandbase technology and business goals.
- Managing security investments, resources, budget, and communicating changes in risk to Executives, Board Members, and senior Leaders.
- Acting as a domain expert to drive improvements in information security across all business units at Demandbase.
- Evangelizing security through awareness campaigns, transparent communications, mentorship, and development of employees and contractors.
- Leading customer conversations on information security, privacy, regulation, and governance.
- Monitoring laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to risk, privacy, governance, and information security.
- Managing and growing a skilled team of employees and contractors based on the needs of the business.
Key Requirements for Success in this Role:
- 5+ years in a senior security leadership role with C-level interactions.
- 10+ years of experience in a security-facing role with experience in cloud hosted SAAS environments.
- Experience implementing information security management frameworks (e.g. ISO/IEC 27001, CIS, NIST 800-53).
- Deep expertise with risk management, information security, defense-in-depth principles, and IT jobs.
- Strong executive presence, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to engage customers regarding information security topics.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Experience with cloud computing/elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Professional security management certification (e.g. CISSP, CRISC).
- Degree in a technology-related field required.
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, engage, close and measure progress against best-fit accounts. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, 100% paid for short-term and long-term disability, 100% paid for life insurance, 401k, flexible vacation policy, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, and much more!