Demandbase is a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology company and a San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. If you enjoy innovating and collaborating with highly intelligent, motivated people who are also fun to hang out with, you’re probably a good fit for us.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Director of Data Architecture, you’ll be responsible overall data architectural direction for the core of Demandbase’ intellectual property. This position will work very closely with both the Product team as well as the Development team to bring our data products to the next level by incorporating new forms of data sources into the Company and Identification data products. A successful person in this role should have deep expertise in different forms of enterprise data sources as well as understand how to leverage those sources to meet product and customer demand. This position is highly visible and critical to the core of Demandbase’ data assets.
Why you want to join us
- Be part of a world class product and engineering team that is at the forefront of innovation in the B2B Enterprise Application space
- Help us drive future innovation on the data product set that will further separate us from our competition
- Explore means in which additional acquisitions of data can influence our products in meaningful ways
- We are uniquely positioned with significant Intellectual Property and you have the influence to drive our position to new levels in this role
- Define: Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define and source data to meet customer and business needs. We are dealing with all aspects of Business-to-Business sales and marketing problems and first to apply data science to them.
- Document: Write clear, concise descriptions of how new data sources / processes can be converted into repeatable actions and product definitions.
- Test: Analyze the potential of new data and how it could potentially impact our products
- Code: Leverage our data warehouse (SQL) or Big Data platform for working with product and engineering to demonstrate potential value.
- Communicate: Drive understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
- PhD or Masters in Information Science, Business Information Systems, and/or 5+ years of experience
- Extensive experience with enterprise data lakes, master data management, and data warehouses
- Exposure and understanding of complex data models especially pertaining to business and company data
- Proven ability to build a product from inception to production
- Strong background in enterprise data management strategies and practices
- Extensive experience building and managing master data for large enterprise data warehouses
- Experience with sourcing and proving value for new data sources
- Proven mastery of SQL
- Comfortable in, at a minimum, one modern big data programming language: Scala, Python, Java
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Experience taking projects from initial scoping through prototype and into production, enterprise/large scale is a plus
- Experience applying data and machine learning to a range of problems
- Imagination beyond what has been done before
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity in requirements
- Hands on, and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth and development into a leadership position
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to other engineers
Demandbase, the leader in Account-Based Marketing, enables B2B companies to identify and target the accounts they value most, and then market to them across the entire funnel. The Demandbase B2B Data Cloud is the definitive B2B database and technology for targeting accounts and specific segments within those accounts. The B2B Data Cloud supports customers across their existing, full marketing technology stack and powers The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud, which is the only subscription-based ad targeting and web personalization solution that lets marketers connect campaigns directly to revenue. The B2B Marketing Cloud is powered by patented technology, which allows companies to identify the accounts they value most and personalize their digital marketing efforts to them. With Demandbase, businesses can target, engage, convert and retain the customers that matter most to their bottom line. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Adobe, Salesforce.com, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive Account-Based Marketing and maximize their marketing performance. More information can be found at https://www.demandbase.com.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, 100% paid for short-term and long-term disability, 100% paid for life insurance, 401k, flexible vacation policy, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, and much more!