What do industry leaders like Adobe, American Express, Box, Dell, Salesforce.com and SAP have in common? They all use Demandbase solutions to power their business-to-business (B2B) marketing!
Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology company and Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of loyal, blue-chip customers that’s growing every day, we’re in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. As a late-stage/pre-IPO startup, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. If you enjoy innovating and collaborating with highly intelligent, motivated people who are also pretty fun to hang out with, you’re probably a good fit for us.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Principal Data Engineer in the Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for building out all aspects relating to the Demandbase Data ecosystem and moving products from R&D into production scale. A successful Principal Data Engineer will possess proven experience in building out large-scale systems backing high-performance APIs. In addition to API development, a successful Principal Data Engineer will be capable of processing the underlying data streams generated from the API front-end and ensure its’ integrity. They will also have a keen eye for technical leadership and setting direction for products in an independent fashion.
You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering, data science and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across many functional groups as well as interaction with executive stakeholders.
• Define: Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s Data Products primarily including core APIs and downstream Data Warehouse as well as related tools.
• Document: Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
• Test: Ensure all new and modified code and pipelines are tested to the highest quality at delivery time
• Code: Build out new API infrastructure and endpoints, data pipelines as necessary to service the core data needs as our business needs grow
• Monitor & Deploy: Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
• BS or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Deep understanding of RESTful standards and implementation best practices
• Strong knowledge of high-performance infrastructure such as Redis or Aerospike
• Strong knowledge and understanding of stream-based processing tools such as Kinesis
• Strong software design and development experience in Scala or Java
• Strong experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms
• Strong understanding of application architecture fundamentals
• Proven knowledge of AWS fundamentals and tooling
• Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
• Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
• Experience with the Ruby programming language is a plus
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes deployments is a plus
• Ability to define standards and best practices for teams
• Able to handle ambiguous delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
• Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
• Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
• Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
• Passion for career growth
Demandbase, the leader in Account-Based Marketing, enables B2B companies to identify and target the accounts they value most, and then market to them across the entire funnel. The Demandbase B2B Data Cloud is the definitive B2B database and technology for targeting accounts and specific segments within those accounts. The B2B Data Cloud supports customers across their existing, full marketing technology stack and powers The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud, which is the only subscription-based ad targeting and web personalization solution that lets marketers connect campaigns directly to revenue. The B2B Marketing Cloud is powered by patented technology, which allows companies to identify the accounts they value most and personalize their digital marketing efforts to them. With Demandbase, businesses can target, engage, convert and retain the customers that matter most to their bottom line. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Adobe, Salesforce.com, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive Account-Based Marketing and maximize their marketing performance. More information can be found at https://www.demandbase.com.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, 100% paid for short-term and long-term disability, 100% paid for life insurance, 401k, flexible vacation policy, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, and much more!