We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building out all aspects relating to the Demandbase Data ecosystem and moving products from R&D into production scale. A successful Senior Data Engineer will possess a natural curiosity about data, strong work ethic, and clear technical leadership ability. Understanding of the ad ecosystem and the large scale data problems that come with it are going to be the root of your every day work.
You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering, data science and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across many functional groups as well as interaction with executive stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing...
- Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s Data Products
- Integration and conflation of multiple 1st and 3rd party data sources to build a key component in the core of our data platform
- Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
- Ensure all new and modified code and pipelines are tested and of the highest quality at delivery time
- Build out new pipelines as part of an ever-evolving set of requirements for the core data asset as our business needs grow
- Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
What we’re looking for...
- BS or Masters in Computer Science and 3+ years of working experience
- Worked in a start-up (less than 150 employees) within the past 4 years is a strong plus
- Proven experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms
- Proven experience processing and aggregating over billions to trillions of rows
- Strong software design and development experience, preferably in Scala or Java or other compiled languages
- Strong experience with Apache Parquet, Avro, or similar technologies
- Understanding of cookies, mobile web traffic, and user behavior is a strong plus
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) is a strong plus
- Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Ability to define standards and best practices for teams
- Able to handle ambiguous delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
- Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth
Demandbase, the leader in Account-Based Marketing, enables B2B companies to identify and target the accounts they value most, and then market to them across the entire funnel. The Demandbase B2B Data Cloud is the definitive B2B database and technology for targeting accounts and specific segments within those accounts. The B2B Data Cloud supports customers across their existing, full marketing technology stack and powers The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud, which is the only subscription-based ad targeting and web personalization solution that lets marketers connect campaigns directly to revenue. The B2B Marketing Cloud is powered by patented technology, which allows companies to identify the accounts they value most and personalize their digital marketing efforts to them. With Demandbase, businesses can target, engage, convert and retain the customers that matter most to their bottom line. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Adobe, Salesforce.com, Box, CSC, DocuSign, Dell and others use Demandbase to drive Account-Based Marketing and maximize their marketing performance. More information can be found at https://www.demandbase.com.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, 100% paid for short-term and long-term disability, 100% paid for life insurance, 401k, flexible vacation policy, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, and much more!