About Databook

Databook is the world’s first AI-powered enterprise customer intelligence platform. Dubbed “Moneyball for Sales”, Databook was founded in 2017 to give enterprise sales representatives and go-to-market teams a differentiating advantage. Today, leading enterprise companies rely on Databook to help their teams engage as experts – improving the buying experience for customers and accelerating revenue acquisition. Our customers include Microsoft, Salesforce, Databricks, and more. We are a Series B company backed by Bessemer Ventures, DFJ Growth, M12 - Microsoft’s Venture fund, Salesforce Ventures and Threshold Ventures. We are a customer-focused, innovative, and collaborative learning organization. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with a distributed team working across the globe.

The Opportunity

We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager with strategic leadership, deep analytical thinking and extensive experience in delivering compelling and differentiated solution messaging to position us effectively vs. the competition and help us hit our business goals out of the park. As a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Databook, you will play a key role in shaping and implementing marketing strategy for our products. Working closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, and marketing, to ensure the successful launch and ongoing promotion of our products.

This global role centers around understanding our target buyers, their pain points and how to translate that into customer solutions that you can communicate through audience-specific content conveying our vision and strategy.

Key Responsibilities:

• Product Positioning and Messaging: Develop clear and compelling product positioning and messaging that resonates with target audiences and differentiates our products in the market.
  • Product Launch: Lead the successful execution of product launches, including co-creating launch plans with the Product team, coordinating marketing and GTM efforts, and ensuring successful market entry.
  • Market Research & Competitive Intelligence: Conduct market research to understand customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscapes. Use insights to inform GTM strategies.
  • Buyer Personas: Develop detailed buyer personas to guide marketing efforts and ensure that all communications are tailored to the specific needs of different customer segments.
  • Sales Enablement: Provide sales teams with the content and training needed to effectively sell the product, including product training, sales decks, and competitive analysis.
  • Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and marketing, to bring products to market.

Qualifications:

• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field
  • 5+ years in pure product marketing experience from the enterprise software or SaaS sectors
  • Interest in developing a strong understanding of product marketing principles, go-to-market strategies, and market analysis.
  • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to craft compelling marketing content.
  • Operates at a tactical and strategic level.
  • Analytical skills to make data-driven decisions and measure the impact of marketing efforts.
  • Self-starter; able to determine own path to success, rather than needing extensive direction.
  • Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously.
  • Experience developing graphically interesting and compelling presentations and collateral. Knowledge of Google Docs, PowerPoint, Keynote and Photoshop a plus.
  • Familiarity with product management and an ability to work collaboratively with product teams.
  • A creative and innovative mindset with a customer-centric approach to marketing.
  • A willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced product development environment.
  • Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a matrixed environment and across multiple time-zones.

Join us and enjoy these perks!

• Competitive salary with bonus
  • Equity
  • Medical, Dental and Vision care contributions
  • 401k Retirement Plan
  • 4 weeks vacation plus holidays
  • Employee referral bonus program
  • $500 learning stipend to spend on books, courses or other training materials that help you develop skills relevant to your role or professional development
  • Complimentary subscription to Masterclass
  • Budget for home office equipment
  • 100% reimbursement for all work-related books

Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Databook expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

US DEI Question Set

Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. We are committed to building a team that is representative of a wide range of identity, background and experience. We feel one of the best ways to measure the success of this strategy is by collecting data. To help us understand our recruiting efforts' effectiveness, we'd love to learn more about you. The completion of the following questions is voluntary and will not impact your recruiting process in any way. Your information will not be shared with your interviewers and will only be used in aggregate to assess our capability to attract and hire a diversity of talent.

I identify my gender as:

I identify my race/ethnicity as:

I identify my disability status as:

I identify my military status as:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

Our system has flagged this application as potentially being associated with bot traffic. Please turn off any VPNs, clear your browser cache and cookies, or try submitting your application in a different browser. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.