Role title: SVP Sales

About Us

The company’s award-winning SRM platform leverages advanced AI and LLM technology to empower the world’s largest B2B sales teams to create, manage, and maintain strategic relationships at scale. Customers include Microsoft, Salesforce, AWS, Databricks and many of the largest and fastest growing companies. The platform ingests and interprets billions of financial and market data signals to generate actionable sales strategies that connect the seller’s solutions to a buyer’s financial pain and urgency. On average, Databook clients achieve 5x more customer meetings, 3x more pipeline, 2.5x larger deals and 1.5x faster cycle time. Databook is a Series B growth startup, backed by some of the most successful SaaS investors, such as Bessemer, DFJ Growth, Salesforce Ventures, Threshold and M12 Venture and and has raised $71m to fuel accelerated expansion.  We have a friendly, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with a distributed team working across the globe.

The Opportunity

We are actively seeking a seasoned and strategic Senior Vice President (SVP) of Sales to drive our ambitious growth trajectory, orchestrating our end-to-end customer success (sales) methodology to build and retain strong relationships with Enterprise (Fortune 500) Sales Leadership. As the SVP Sales, you will be responsible for leading our go-to-market team including Sales and Partnerships. This role has a high level of autonomy and the opportunity for accelerated career growth as results are delivered. Specifically, this role is measured on ARR growth, Quota attainment and Sales Forecast accuracy. The role is a blend of strategic oversight and hands-on leadership, aimed at meticulously architecting our growth engines (products, channels, geos), to solidify our foothold and grow our business to $100m. A key aspect of the role will be detailed planning to develop strong executive relationships built on a compelling vision and meticulous execution to deliver value for customers.

Roles and Responsibilities:

Sales Planning and Forecasting:

• Craft and execute comprehensive territory plans and commission plans in alignment with the company’s overarching objectives.
  • Lead precise sales forecasting to provide clarity and confidence in revenue and growth projections.

Customer Relationship Management:

• Build enduring relationships with Fortune 500 customers and stakeholders e.g. CRO, CMO, Head of Sales Ops, etc.
  • Strategic account management working closely with the SVP GTM Operations to ensure a solid partnership end-to-end with customer success
  • Ensure a stellar customer experience throughout all stages of the customer lifecycle.

Sales Team Leadership:

• Recruit, mentor, and oversee a high-caliber sales team
  • Ensure ongoing and repeatable net-new pipeline development is happening for both new logos and existing customers
  • Cultivate a culture of responsibility and exceptional performance.

Commission Planning:

• Devise and deploy motivating commission structures that galvanize sales teams and are congruent with company aspirations.

Sales Methodology Development:

• Fine-tune our end-to-end customer success (sales) methodology to hit revenue targets and continue delivering high customer satisfaction.
  • Train and enable sales team on sales methodology to ensure consistency and high performance selling

Board Reporting:

• Compile and present quarterly sales performance and forecasting reports to the Board of Directors.

Go-to-Market Strategy Optimization:

• Continuously test, scrutinize, and refine go-to-market strategies to amplify market penetration and revenue growth.

Channel Partnerships:

• Cultivate channel partnerships e.g. CRM partners, sales training companies, etc. to broaden market reach and foster revenue opportunities.

Performance Analysis and Reporting:

• Utilize data analytics tools to monitor, evaluate, and report on sales performance and market trends.

Other duties: as necessitated or conducive to supporting the company’s expansion and operations.

Qualifications:

• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
  • A minimum of 20 years of Enterprise Sales experience (selling to companies like Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, AWS, etc.), specifically within a start-up environment.
  • Demonstrated history of building sales from $20 million to $100 million+.
  • Adeptness in negotiating large deals and devising a repeatable sales methodology.
  • Stellar leadership, interpersonal, and communication acumen.
  • Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
  • Willingness to travel.

*We will consider remote work for candidates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin. Remote work requires periodic travel to our headquarters in Palo Alto, CA every 2-3 months.

EEO/D&I Statement

Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Databook expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

US DEI Question Set

Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. We are committed to building a team that is representative of a wide range of identity, background and experience. We feel one of the best ways to measure the success of this strategy is by collecting data. To help us understand our recruiting efforts' effectiveness, we'd love to learn more about you. The completion of the following questions is voluntary and will not impact your recruiting process in any way. Your information will not be shared with your interviewers and will only be used in aggregate to assess our capability to attract and hire a diversity of talent.

I identify my gender as:

I identify my race/ethnicity as:

I identify my disability status as:

I identify my military status as:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

Our system has flagged this application as potentially being associated with bot traffic. Please turn off any VPNs, clear your browser cache and cookies, or try submitting your application in a different browser. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.