At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane's mission is to make security simple for millions of organizations and their people. We empower businesses of every size to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere.
Our global team with offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
About the need
Technology at Dashlane includes Security & IT, Engineering and Engineering Operations. Within Engineering, our 4 Platform teams (Web, Android, Apple and Server) stabilise platform health to enable product development for our Core and Mission product led teams. Within Engineering Operations, we organise around Quality Engineering and Productivity Engineering. With our Web Platform scaling, comes a need to optimise the steps engineers go through when they build, merge and release. This role will be working closely with the Web Platform team to build tooling and capabilities for a superior developer experience. You will be contributing towards the Productivity Engineering goals and vision by making Web releases fast, efficient and reliable.
Our Web Browser extension product is the central piece of the Dashlane user experience on desktop environments. It's right here when you need it, showing up whenever you need to autofill or save data while you are browsing, and providing advanced tools to manage your vault through its embedded web application. It's built upon Open Web Platform and the WebExtensions API, using technologies like Typescript, React, Redux, Webpack, Jest, Cypress, Gitlab CI, ... among others. It's a full-fledged desktop application: to respect our zero-knowledge architecture, a lot of the business logic is happening in the extension background processes and not server-side.
About the role
- You will be designing solutions for and with our Web Engineers
- You will be responsible for making sure our tooling is adopted and adapted to the platform needs
- You will be always advocating for a DevOps mindset
- You will be leading our efforts around Observability
- You will be working on a range of tooling such as GitLab CI, Hashicorp, Sonar, Webdriver.io, Kubernetes, etc.
- 4 years of software development in a CI/CD environment
- Familiarity working in a DevOps culture
- Experience designing and implementing tools to cater for developer needs
- Experience automating parts of the release process
Nice to Have
- Experience with SecOps
- Experience building and integrating tooling (Infrastructure as Code)
- Passionate about scaling solutions in a company similar to Dashlane's size (100-500 employees)
- Experience working in a distributed team across multiple timezones
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in France and distributed across France, US and Portugal—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.