Due to the ongoing pandemic, our interview and onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support and flexibility while you interview and onboard for your new job.
Dashlane is looking for an experienced Android developer to work on the development of our app. You will participate in building the best password manager and online security app on Android. You have a proven track record of building high quality user experiences and working in a team with other roles such as product manager, designer, data analyst, and QA engineer. You're comfortable putting forward your ideas and have strong passion for delivering the best experience to users.
Dashlane is a web and mobile app that simplifies password management for people and businesses. We empower organizations to protect company and employee data, while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. A better digital future starts with secure access.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
About the role:
- You'll be part of an Android developers team, who are all passionate about both Dashlane and Android technologies. You'll be assigned to various missions with product managers, designers, quality engineers, and developers from other supported platforms (iOS and web), working together to improve the product.
- We write all new features and refactoring in Kotlin since the official support in May 2017. We use coroutines extensively, as well as several Jetpack libraries. Without blindly following trends, we evaluate new tools early, to be able to decide with a clear plan whether to start using them once they reach maturity.
- Min SDK version 24. Is there something before Android 5.0? While Google states that 8% of the user base is on Android 10 or higher (April 2021), we're already at 85% on our own user base. We can use the latest APIs and technology.
- We have a close relationship with Google, which allows us to work on upcoming Android features BEFORE they are announced officially, to be featured during Google I/O (Fingerprint, InstantApp, Autofill API…).
- Our team believes in continuous learning, both internally and externally. We've had developers attend conferences and workshops around Europe, participated in several Google I/O, and encourage developers to spend part of their time writing blog articles or contributing to open source
At Dashlane, depending on your role, you'll be able to opt to work from the office or remotely. Due to legal constraints, at the moment Dashlane can only hire remotely in one of the three countries we have offices (Portugal, France and the USA).
This position’s location is flexible within France and Portugal, and you can also opt to work from our Lisbon or Paris office.
At Dashlane you will:
- Take ownership of not only the features you develop but many related aspects of the Dashlane application
- Work with your team to develop innovative features, communicating clearly with the team during the development lifecycle, from inception to release
- Maintain and improve the core functionality of our application, looking for ways to optimize performance and improve our UX
- Stay up-to-date with the latest changes for Android and incorporate them into our application
- Work on a complex, feature-rich, and quickly evolving application
- Contribute to the evolution of the team's coding practices, to improve the application architecture and the standards so that it may support the development of new features and the stability of the application.
- At least 2 years of work experience in Android application development using Kotlin
- Fluent in English
- Interest and knowledge about cryptography and security practices in general
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and development practices
- Interest in product design and implementation of delightful UI elements on Android
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company - founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more - and are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.