Do you like data? Do you enjoy being challenged and personally having an impact on the direction of an award-winning product? Do you know how to translate your findings into actionable insights and effectively communicate those ideas? If so, then come join Dashlane as a Data Scientist and take part in a mission to drive decisions that have a global impact.
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
As a Lead Data Scientist you will be a key member of an international team committed to building the best online identity and security app - and be a part of our data-driven culture where the insights you make affect every person in our company. You will work alongside a broad mix of stakeholders including data analysts, data engineers, product managers, engineers, marketers and user researchers. You will influence the direction of our apps and as well as the features that we will release. You will be leading and mentoring a team of 3 super talented data scientists that are continuously working on top-line revenue-related projects that are at the front end of our business.
This position can be based in New York or in Paris.
At Dashlane you will:
● Lead and mentor a small but very talented team, that is constantly working on high exposure and high impact projects
●Work with all parts of the company, including Product, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and other teams, to help answer questions about our users through the use of algorithmic methods (e.g. clustering, predictive modeling, etc)
● Develop research questions and undertake data exploration to understand who our users are, how they get value from Dashlane and what we can do to develop our product to bring greater values
● Work with our data engineering team to build production-grade tools for our data modeling
● Define, evaluate, and monitor key metrics to understand root causes of change
● Explore our data to understand and optimize the performance of machine learning systems.
● 5+ years as a data scientist
● 5+ years working with SQL
● 5+ years using various machine learning tools
● 3+ years of experience in programming with Python or R
We're Also Looking For:
● An advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.)
● Experience managing or mentoring
● Experience with BI tools such as Tableau
● Demonstrated ability to build ML algorithms, not just apply pre-built tools
● Advanced knowledge of experimental design
● Ability to effectively communicate results
● Has applied machine learning to actual business problems, not just school projects
Diversity at Dashlane:
A truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you've sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.