Are you passionate about delivering high quality products to customers around the world at an affordable price? Do you have a proven track record in delivering actionable insights and strategies that provide significant revenue and customer acquisition/retention opportunities? Do you love working with world-class, collaborative, and passionate teams? If so, then we have a career opportunity for you as a Pricing Analyst at Dashlane.
Dashlane simplifies and secures your digital identity, helping you take control of your personal information that lives online. Available across all platforms and devices, Dashlane automatically fills and stores passwords, personal data, and payment details to help you manage and protect your digital identity. With patented security architecture, Dashlane is the only app that both prevents and protects you from the risks of digitally storing and sharing your data. Available in 11 languages and trusted by 10+ million people in 180 countries, it's the complete, global solution for living safely and seamlessly online—at home, at work, and everywhere in between. Our vision is to evolve beyond password management and become the world's most-trusted Digital Identity Provider. By offering holistic, convenient, private, and secure solutions to manage your life online, we will bring the promise of the internet to its full potential: Making the world a safer, more open, more connected place.
Dashlane is a venture-backed company with $210 million in funding from Sequoia Capital, FirstMark Capital, Rho Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, TransUnion, and Hercules Capital. Our core teams are based in Paris and New York, with a recent expansion to Lisbon in 2018. Dashlane is regularly featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and other global publications as a leading identity management solution. We have been named "App of the Day" by both Apple and Android, and for two consecutive years, Dashlane was recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in North America on Deloitte's 2018 Technology Fast 500™.
Who we're looking for:
We are seeking a Pricing Analyst with with several years’ experience in Pricing or Yield Optimization to join our team in New York City. As a Pricing Analyst at Dashlane, you will help to craft our approach to pricing strategy and play a critical role in the future direction of the scaling of our product to customers of all types across the globe.
You will be a key member of an E-Commerce product development team focused on establishing data-driven, dynamic plans & pricing strategies that adapt to local market needs (e.g., new flexible SKUs), experimentation on our existing SKUs (e.g., commitment/trial periods), the expansion of new currencies (e.g., JPY, BRL), management of local price books based on purchasing power (e.g., Cost of Living Index), and payment method support (e.g., Boleto). You will work closely with the E-Commerce Product Manager, Merchandising Manager, and key stakeholders from Finance, Marketing, B2B Sales, and Research. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and analytical thinker and a reliable problem-solver. You should be able to make tough decisions when called for and rally the team around the decision; expect a tough job you will be proud and excited to do.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain pricing tools (e.g., elasticity of demand calculators and profitability models)
- Develop and manage international price books, based on purchasing power and market demands
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to drive analysis-driven recommendations on plans, pricing, and the use of promotions/discounting
- Partner with FP&A to forecast margins to help the business understand the impact of promotional and seasonal pricing
- Present plans & pricing analysis at regular strategy meetings, with insights, trends, and recommendations
- Communicate and implement pricing changes by partnering with Engineering, Finance, and other product development teams
- Lead pricing-related projects including establishing timelines, defining deliverables, and drafting communications or presentations
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the industry and broader global economy
- Develop deep market expertise on competitive plans & pricing strategies
- Raise the bar when making pricing decisions and implementations
- Think outside the box to work around technical limitations or complexity
Experience you'll bring:
- 2+ years’ pricing or yield optimization experience
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other technical/analytical fields
Skills you'll have:
- Experience in data analysis, demand-based elasticity modeling, and international currency pricing
Financial management experience with planning, forecasting, and business analysis
- Experience within B2C and or B2B business that leverage E-Commerce sales channels
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools (e.g, Excel, SQL queries, graphing, PowerPoint)
- In-depth knowledge of BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker) and practical experience analyzing data, program metrics, and performance
- A natural aptitude for mathematics and statistics
- Ability to think analytically
- Customer-centric attitude
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- An ability to adapt to new and potentially unfamiliar methods or technologies
- A willingness to work alone or with a team when necessary
- Ability to solve complex problems that involve competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and business acumen
- Masters in Statistics or Economics (particularly Econometrics)
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, socio-economic status, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.