Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million people in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
You will be based in New York, NY.
Do you have a penchant for proper punctuation? Can you make complex concepts seem simple? And can you beautifully balance brand voice and business goals? If you said yes to all those things—and are both impressed and annoyed by the overabundance of alliteration—keep reading.
Reporting to the Creative Director in our NYC office, you'll write copy for key moments throughout our customer's journey—including our website, email, app, ads, videos, social channels, and more. You’ll partner with marketers, product managers, designers, other copywriters, and various company stakeholders to write compelling on-brand copy that delivers against our business goals. We’re a small, flat company (You’ll be able to see our executive team from your comfort of your desk!), so you should be comfortable taking initiative, speaking up, and being the polite expert. #startuplife
At Dashlane you will:
- Write copy tailored to various parts of our customer's journey, big or small—from headlines and product descriptions to buttons and form fields
- Craft marketing copy for our campaigns, emails, banner ads, landing pages, app stores, videos, and more
- Write UX copy for our Desktop, Android, iOS and Web apps that seamlessly guides the user, including onboarding, checkouts, alert messages, micro-interactions, and more
- Develop and write content for our blog, infographics, sales assets, and PR materials
- Iterate and test content in order to craft concise, high-performing messaging that improves the user experience while hitting business goals
- Edit and proofread the copy of fellow creatives and teammates to ensure accuracy and voice consistency
- Develop campaign and testing ideas in partnership with marketers, product managers, and designers
- Be an in-house expert for how we write about our product and how we speak to our audiences
- 3+ years of experience writing marketing copy, preferably at a technology company
- A bachelor’s degree in English, writing, or other related field
- A portfolio of writing samples across multiple user touchpoints
You also have:
- Past work that demonstrates careful execution of a consistent and unique brand voice
- Knowledge of AP style, all the different parts of speech, where to put commas—and why
- The skills to translate complex concepts into clear, concise, accessible copy
- Experience writing strategically for conversion, translating positioning and messaging strategies into high-performing copy solutions
- The ability to collaborate with marketers, product managers, and designers to create copy that delivers against business goals
- Strong communication skills—including the ability to share and explain your creative decisions
- The ability to work autonomously, juggle multiple projects, and adapt to shifting priorities while delivering against deadlines
- Experience working with marketers to A/B test copy solutions and an insatiable desire to test and learn
- A desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Writing UX product copy that enhances user interactions and drives results
- Developing long form content, such blogs, articles, and press releases
- Writing for SEO
Diversity at Dashlane:
As a truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.