Dashlane is a leading, award-winning password manager and digital wallet. Our digital identity management solutions have been intrinsically designed to make identity and payment simple and secure on every website, any every device for users all over the world. We are a rapidly growing tech startup using the world’s best security and privacy architecture to simplify the lives of billions of Internet users worldwide.
Dashlane is currently looking for a hands-on, entrepreneurial-minded Global Controller to join the finance team reporting into the CFO. As our Controller you will drive the core financial control processes for the business on a global basis including accounting, audit, tax, transfer pricing and financial compliance/administration, as well as supporting the CFO on special projects with senior management (e.g., fundraising and Board/investor reporting). You will develop and leverage a deep understanding of the key drivers of the Dashlane’s business model and become a key finance leader of the organization. You’ll interface directly with the senior leadership team to develop scalable solutions, working independently with various stakeholders with limited oversight and high visibility throughout the organization. You’ll blaze a trail as we scale our core business and expand geographically and in new lines of business, mastering a capacity to balance the needs of a fast-growing company with the disciplined world of GAAP and applicable international standards.
As our Global Controller, you will:
- Directly own and manage the company’s accounting systems and processes on a global basis, including monthly consolidation and close of our accounts, revenue recognition, payroll, transfer pricing, taxes, statutory reporting and compliance matters
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure alignment on monthly variance analyses, quarterly forecasting and the annual budgeting process, and with the Analytics team to facilitate accounting and compliance tasks
- Manage the company’s global treasury reserves to ensure visibility and optimal availability of funds in each entity of the group
- Be the key point of contact for any accounting and compliance issues related to the company’s entities on a worldwide basis
- Work with external auditors, banks, lenders and tax advisors, and be responsible for accurate and timely completion of compliance certificates, audits, tax returns and other statutory filings
- Coordinate with internal and external business partners (including marketing and sales teams, promotional partners and outsourcing service providers) to improve processes and ensure appropriate reporting, policies and controls are in place
- Manage junior accounting support staff and scale the team as we grow, remaining hands-on in the beginning
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have 7+ years of broad accounting experience in a managerial role (e.g. audit firm and in-house accounting and control).
- Have a CPA, CA or other professional accounting accreditation.
- Have a Bachelor level degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or mathematics and a strong on-the-job educational history.
- Have worked for an early-stage US company, preferably with a SaaS business model, and are used to a very fast paced working environment.
- Have in-depth accounting and compliance subject matter expertise.
- Have experience with management of consolidation processes, accounting and support teams, and compliance requirements for entities in multiple jurisdictions (especially with US and EU subsidiaries).
- Have strong Excel and Quickbooks skills (preferably with a track record of deploying new ERP, billing and other new systems as a company scales)
- Have proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives.
- Have proven ability to dig deeply into data and derive business insights from financial information.
- Have attention to detail, and excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Can communicate complex and structured matters to the team at large in an approachable, simple, clear manner (be it verbally or in writing, including PowerPoint)
- Are highly organized and able to think creatively, working autonomously, while being highly-driven and self-motivated, with an acute attention to detail
- Have a “roll up your sleeves attitude” (we are not looking for a budget manager)
What you can expect from Dashlane
- You’ll work with a talented, dynamic, ambitious and passionate international team in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help lead and influence a fast-growing global company and share ownership in our success.
- You’ll receive a competitive pay and employee benefits package.
- We’ll provide you with real opportunities to developing yourself and your career.
- You’ll wake up every day, excited to come into work, be challenged and have fun.
- A true multinational company, founded in Paris and currently split among Paris and New York, we thrive off of diverse perspectives. Diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.