DAS42 is a boutique consulting firm providing cloud-based data analytics consulting and professional services. We help Fortune 500 companies access and understand all of their data, reduce the time to actionable insights, and empower organizations to make better decisions faster. A diverse team ourselves, we encourage people from all academic, social and demographic backgrounds to explore career opportunities with DAS42.
About the Role
An opportunity is available to join DAS42 as an Associate Analyst. This person will be a key member of our technical consulting staff and responsible for maintaining high standards across an engagement team. This position will report to a Team Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Guide clients on optimizing their data environments.
- Support, maintain, and document clients’ data environments.
- Develop a data model around stated use cases to capture client’s KPIs and data transformations.
- Implement and provide advice on data warehouse solutions, ETL pipelines, and business intelligence reporting tools.
- Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
- Travel to client sites up to 50% (when CDC guidelines permit)
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Analytics). Alternatively, if you do not have such a degree, experience working in a technical environment would be required
- Up to two years of work experience in the data analytics space
- A passion for exploring and solving different kinds of problems
- Comfort with using SQL and Python
- A desire to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Preferable but not required:
- Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g. Git/Github, SSH)
- An understanding or familiarity with a command line environment
- Experience with the AWS or Google Cloud ecosystem (BigQuery, Redshift)
- Experience with business visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, ThoughtSpot)
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing concepts and structures
- Experience optimizing database/query performance
- Proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Perl, Bash)