Role: Python Full Stack Developer
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
Dare are looking for a Python Full Stack Developer who is happy building large, scalable responsive web apps and sites. This role is responsible for building projects from start to finish, as well as helping the company to scope projects and deliver better products. This role will also be responsible for the design of various web applications, to evolve them ensuring maximum performance, stability and security.
You’ll be someone who’s willing to learn and contribute to the wider team. You’re comfortable working alone or a part of a team. You face coding challenges head-on and you’re not afraid to leave your comfort zone when you have your mind set on defeating a challenge
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are someone who is willing to learn and contribute to the wider team. You’re comfortable working alone or a part of a team. You face coding challenges head-on and you’re not afraid to leave your comfort zone when you have your mind set on defeating a challenge.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- You will be implementing and delivering robust web applications using Python (Django)
- You will be an experienced engineer with solid skills in web development, specifically using Python
- Building fully responsive code
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Stay informed with industry best practices and provide guidance, inspiration, and mentorship in engineering excellence
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for Enterprise software product development
- Work closely with business leaders to develop short and long-term strategies
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE
- Experience developing web applications
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Django.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, SASS, CSS3 animations and SVG
- Cross browser / device testing
- Solid communication skills / soft skills
- High attention to detail is necessary
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git using Git-Flow and Pull Requests
- Good understanding of server-side applications frameworks.
- Good understanding of JS task runners/build tools (NPM scripts, ParcelJS, Webpack)
- Standard 3rd party APIs integration and OAuth2
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Docker knowledge
- CI/CD experience
- SEO knowledge
- Experience of Agile methodologies
Job ID: 3888
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking and rigorous strategic approach. We’ve been part of the digital landscape for over 20 years now and are a core part of the Inside Ideas Group, a pioneering company that prides itself on transforming clients' business performance through the use of smarter solutions.
We like to work with clients who not only challenge us but also want to challenge themselves who believe that a customer first approach is the best way to sustainable growth. In partnership with them, we create connected brand experiences from the inside that give businesses an edge and advantage over their competitors.
Our approach is a combination of decision science, design magic and invisible technology. Our unique approach adopts behavioural science principles which we enhance with data, creative flair and strategic marketing capabilities, harnessing technology for business impact, not for its own sake.
We dare to do the right thing - guided by what’s right for our clients, our customers, our people. We think of ourselves as a family and it’s a combination of drive, skill and heart that makes Dare a special place to work. Over the years, we’ve built and collaborated with an impressive portfolio of brands including Diageo, BMW, Nike, Barclays and more. It’s an eclectic mix which means Dare is never dull and we’re always on the hunt for different skills and mindsets to keep our offering fresh.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
Our D&I data is published quarterly on the Dare website and is fully transparent should you wish to review it.