Role: Full-Stack PHP Developer - Python and React advantageous
Location: London / UK remote
As a Developer you will be responsible for the hands-on development across a range of applications for one of our largest automotive clients, working as part of an Agile team - continuously improving our platforms as part of a strategic roadmap. The role will involve close collaboration with the team around you, and with some of key clients as part of scoping new features and requirements.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are an engineer experienced in PHP and with a great understanding of Laravel. You are looking to develop applications that are used by thousands of users every day, and work as part of a fully Agile team of engineers, designers and data scientists. You’ll be passionate about technology and improving experiences for users - building robust applications that engage and delight.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be working as a part of a cross-functional team responsible for applications visited by over 1 million users per month, and with one of our largest clients. The team consists of 5 full-time developers, working alongside UX, Data and Design specialists. The applications are a mix of Python and PHP, and whilst this role is focussed on the PHP applications, we encourage across all areas and support will be given if this is of interest.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Architecture & design of web applications.
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant web applications.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements.
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application.
- Communicating your ideas and discussing new features with the team and clients - working as part of a close-knit team
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing web applications.
- Solid communication soft skills and attention to detail.
- Strong experience with PHP and experience using Laravel.
- Experience working with content management systems - e.g. Pimcore
- Understanding of accessibility, security compliance and designing for mobile.
- Experience with 3rd party API integration and oAuth2.
- Proficient with code versioning tools e.g. Git.
- Some familiarity with front-end toolchain such as Bower, Webpack, Gulp etc.
- Understanding of Docker containers.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with Python and the Django framework - or a desire to learn
- Experience setting up CI/CD with Jenkins or similar
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking, and rigorous strategic approach. After a few years of hiatus, it is now getting its mojo back, under new leadership from Chris Woodward. Within the Inside Ideas Group, it has the opportunity to act as the ‘strategic nose cone’ helping clients deliver connected brand experiences from the inside.
Dare has always put planning at the heart of its offer, was an early adopter of behavioural science, and pioneered the discipline of Experience Planning. However, with language around ‘customer experience’ now commonplace, we need to make sure that our strategic offer is distinctive, and that it combines strong brand and commercial thinking alongside user experience capabilities.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.