Role : Workflow Manager & PM
Location : London
A little bit about the role and team:
The Workflow Manager / Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the account is resourced in an accurate and timely manner, ultimately matching skills to confirmed requirements to achieve high utilisation across the team and to meet agreed deadlines.You’ll need to work against tight deadlines on a high volume of projects.
The Dare team provides a global service to this client assisting with both small and large scale projects. The Workflow/Project Manager will support the dedicated team of three designers, one senior artworker and one strategist along with a second project manager and senior account director in all project delivery and process planning.
Our client has been restructuring its way as a law firm on the market, which has given our team a great opportunity to collaborate with them in a variety of ways. Our involvement in their strategic and creative work has extended with our services now being tightly built into their everyday business development and marketing plans. The Workflow/Project Manager will play a pivotal role in the future development of the work.
What you will be doing:
You will be the ultimate gate-keeper for the team, managing the everyday BAU projects and out-of-scope requests. You will be responsible for getting the team and clients to follow our workflow processes for efficient delivery and utilisation tracking. As the Workflow Manager you will be supporting the team, ensuring all information and files are available for the creatives at the beginning of each project, and communicating with clients when necessary.
Advanced resource allocation will be needed with continuous assessment of resources to ensure maximum efficiency and the ability to re-prioritise urgent jobs, when needed. You will be continuously looking for ways to improve the project lifecycle for the creative team and revise the process for better structure.
What you will need, to be great in this role:
An excellent relationship-builder, you will need to be great with creative teams, client service/project management teams, and clients alike, hard-working, professional and passionate about facilitating the best creative product you can.
As the Workflow/Project Manager in the team you will work very closely with Client Services, Design and Strategy to review, source and assign the best skilled staff to each brief. Key to the success of the role, above the day-to-day resourcing requirements for Dare, is understanding the team's skill-sets, client team structures & people’s individual personalities.
You will need to be self-motivated and a natural multitasker. Along with high-volume of new projects to manage every day, the Workflow Manager also needs to be able to identify the changes that could be made to enhance the team’s performance and the client relationship.
- Building strong and mutually beneficial relationships will all discipline leads to correctly identify/assign appropriate team member(s) per Client brief.
- Responsible for allocating and monitoring resource and communicating the resource needs to the Client Services/Resource Manager
- Proactively seek out issues with workflow, and quickly develop solutions that increase productivity across the account.
- Knowledge of the contractual core team, assisting predictions of resource requirements & maximum spend that will ensure margin management
- Oversee projects with the support of the Senior Account Director and Project Manager from brief to final deliver
- Review briefs on submissions and identity gaps in the information and next steps
- Take part in/Lead both project and/or account specific client meetings
- Manage client expectations on timings
- Understand client needs and advise on best solution for their needs based on the agency’s services, available time and resources
- Identify and resolve any potential resource conflicts and resolving/ or escalate to Client Services prior to a crisis occurring
- Administration for all short-term support staff (e.g. submitting requests, setting up new users etc.)
- Working closely with Talent & HR to assist onboarding of joiners and movers to minimise downtime and increase productivity
- Understanding and ensuring client specific contract terms are adhered to e.g. Banked hours
- Ensure quality control mechanisms are in place within the team
- Quality control all work before it is shared with the client and with that minimise the necessary time spent on each project, both from a brand/design and content perspective
- Successfully manage client expectations on the delivery of design and artwork jobs, always upholding the provision of excellent customer service
- Accept new briefs from clients, raise job numbers and ensure that Client Services and Design Lead are informed, based on the brief triage process
- Data collection and analysis for MI Reports
- Support the Senior Account Director and Project Manager with data analysis in Business/Account Development
- Coordinating building access for new starters
- Monitoring the productivity of the team
- Tracking annual leave on the team
- Manage the team’s time and calendar
- Liaising with creative teams to ensure they adhere to the scheduling
- Extremely solution-oriented
- Views challenges as a learning opportunity
- Is comfortable with hard and soft deadlines
- Encourages others and demonstrates good leadership skills in cross-discipline, multi-level team
- Acts with humility and honesty
- Demonstrably values the contribution of others
- Thinks of improvements to things without being prompted
- Challenges convention by exploring alternatives
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willing to learn the key skills for running a business
You must have:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, including attention to detail
- Comfortable booking and managing resource in studio settings with high-volume, fast-paced work
- Ability to multitask effectively and deal with constant requests and changes
- Keen understanding of agency and account processes
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Experience dealing directly with Clients
- Knowledge of Wrike is ideal, but not necessary
A little about us:
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.
Other info to know:
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of the team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram.