ROLE: Client Side Engineer
LOCATION: Rosebery Avenue, London
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
Dare are looking for a Client Side Engineer to join our tech team in the London office based in Clerkenwell. You will be helping to build and deploy large, scalable web apps and sites. The day to day role will be executing ongoing improvements and new functionality on the Barclays LifeSkills platform.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Implementation of robust web applications using Angular, Vue.js, jQuery, vanilla JS with Umbraco CMS
- Building fully responsive, pixel perfect front-end code
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- Knowledge and experience of Angular (1-4)
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, SASS, LESS, CSS3 animations and SVG
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working with responsive, CMS powered sites
- Cross browser / device testing
- Cares about writing clean, semantic markup
- Basic understanding of how to build accessible sites, apps and components
- Build highly interactive, engaging digital experiences for our clients
- Faithfully translate designs into fully semantic and interactive front-end
- Work with backend developers to define APIs, collaborate on CMS integration and integrate front-end ops into wider DevOps
- Maintain high standards of code quality, documentation, standards and security
- Succinctly communicate complex problems and proposed solutions
- Collaborate and communicate across teams, including design, experience planning, production, account management.
- Experience with task runners such as Gulp and Grunt
- On-site SEO knowledge
- Experience of Agile methodologies
- Experience or interest in React or Vue
- Experience in Umbraco CMS
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW:
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of the team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram.