ROLE: Senior Graphic Designer
LOCATION: London, EC3A
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
DARE is responsible for providing the in-house design team at Clyde & Co, a leading law firm based in the heart of the city with a global reach.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Graphic Designer with a passion for typography and layout design and a keen interest in new and innovative design outputs. The designer will join a team of talented and enthusiastic people working on various collateral for B2B/B2C and internal communication mainly for print outputs but with an increasing demand for digital and moving image.
Supported by the Lead Designer and the Creative Services Manager (CSM), the senior graphic designer will create outstanding work following the brand guidelines, to the client’s brief and exacting standards.
Despite the distance, you will be part of a multi-skilled on-site design team delivering exceptional design to one of Dare’s key clients. From an approved concept through to final delivery, you’ll be responsible for creating materials with excellent design execution.
As a senior member of the team, you will have ownership of various projects and will work closely with the Lead Designer to bring creative briefs to life. As a team player, you will contribute to the successful delivery of multiple design projects globally. The studio is fast-paced and the projects vary on a daily basis.
The main team is based in London, with another regional designer based in Dubai.
This role is to be based in London at the client’s offices.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Create world class designs with a focus on balancing creativity and technical possibilities
- Design of various collateral B2B and B2C to exacting standards, with a cross-platform approach and ability to drive forward traditional BAU design requirements
- Creation of a truly differentiating visual print, digital and moving image language for Clyde & Co, helping to develop innovative solutions for the client
- Ability to interpret current branding guidelines into engaging visual designs that push the brand forward
- Collaborate closely with the lead designer to solve design challenges and translate conceptual thinking into excellent results
- Participate in internal ideation sessions, collaborate with the team to craft presentations
- Daily client liaison/stakeholder management
- Develop an effective working relationship with the client and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to take-on and positively influence client briefs with own innovative ideas
- Be proactive and self-driven. Effectively manage workloads within agreed timescales and monitor quality, accuracy and consistency of own work
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE
- Design thinking and creative initiative
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with the client, understand the client and push back in a polite manner when needed
- Add value to briefs by offering own ideas and creativity to projects whilst working within a broad range of design guidelines across a variety of artwork collateral
- Experience of working closely with clients during kick-off meetings and sculpting the brief to get the best solution for the client whilst really demonstrating the breadth of the agency’s capabilities
- Work proactively under own initiative and under pressure as part of the design team
- Understand and translate business needs, market context, and visual opportunities into delightful and differentiating designs and holistic systems that effectively communicate the firm’s proposition
- Strong digital skills
- An understanding of design principles and of UX, UI and Responsive Design trends
- Experience of working with production to understand time estimates and schedules for the tasks provided
- Able to manage workflow, project management and service delivery
- 5+ years of graphic design experience working in-house or for an agency
- Excellent proven experience in designing for print in a corporate environment
- Excellent Adobe CS skills (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience creating infographics
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience creating interactive pdfs
- Competent on Sketch
- Competent on After Effects
- Design-trained, understanding of good graphic design principles, typography, colour and composition
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Provides an accurate presentation of final artwork for production
- Proven experience in designing for print in a corporate environment
- Consistent record of interpreting briefs right first time and delivering design projects within agreed timeframes, effectively managing workloads within agreed timescales
- Solid understanding of printing process
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your design thinking and core craft skills across a variety of client sectors and communications
- Eloquent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully explain concepts internally and externally
- Teamwork: An enthusiastic and hands on team player that builds and maintains strong working relationships with colleagues within the account and the agency, our partners and clients
- Contribute to the creative team knowledge base and actively be a source of inspiration on the latest trends on design and interaction
- Visionary – you love design and you want to continually set new benchmarks.
- Self-driven: Passionate and with a can-do attitude. Always looking for identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for the client and the team
- Displays excellent project management skills
- The aptitude to learn new software and programmes efficiently and effectively
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation
- Ahead of the curve – you know what’s coming next and why it’s important
- Takes on difficult personal and work challenges willingly and realistically and delivers them to high standards
- Leads by example and encourages others to achieve better
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram.