ROLE: Graphic Designer
LOCATION: London, EC3A
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
DARE is responsible for providing the in-house design team at Clyde & Co, a leading law firm based in the heart of the city with a global reach.
We are looking for an ambitious Midweight Graphic Designer with a passion for typography and layout design and a keen interest in new and innovative design outputs. The designer will join a team of talented and enthusiastic people working on various collateral for B2B/B2C and internal communication mainly for print outputs but with an increasing demand for digital and moving image.
Supported by the Lead Designer and the Creative Services Manager (CSM), the midweight graphic designer will create outstanding work following the brand guidelines, to the client’s brief and exacting standards.
You will be part of a multi-skilled on-site design team delivering exceptional design and artwork to one of our key clients. From an approved concept through to final delivery, you’ll be responsible for creating materials with excellent design execution.
As a team player, you will contribute to the successful delivery of multiple design projects globally. The studio is fast-paced and the projects vary on a daily basis.
The main team is based in London, with regional designers based in Dubai and Sydney. This role is to be based onsite within the client’s London offices.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Create world class designs with a focus on balancing creativity and technical possibilities.
- Design of various collateral B2B and B2C to exacting standards, with a cross-platform approach and ability to drive forward traditional BAU design requirements.
- Creation of a truly differentiating visual print, digital and moving image language for Clyde & Co, helping to develop innovative solutions to take the client through a digital transformation
- Ability to interpret current branding guidelines into engaging visual designs that push the brand forward
- Collaborate closely with the lead designer to solve design challenges and translate conceptual thinking into excellence results
- Participate in internal ideation sessions, collaborate with the team to craft presentations.
- Ability to take and positively influence client briefs with own innovative ideas.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE
- Experienced animation skills
- Experience creating infographics
- Experience creating interactive pdfs
- Work proactively under own initiative and as part of the design team
- Add value to briefs by offering own ideas and creativity to projects whilst working within a broad range of design guidelines across a variety of artwork collateral
- Excellent approach to client liaison, with a proven track record of developing strong client relationships
- Experience of working closely with clients during kick-off meetings and sculpting the brief to get the best solution for the client whilst really demonstrating the breadth of the agency’s capabilities
- Understand and translate business needs, market context, and visual opportunities into delightful and differentiating designs and holistic systems that effectively communicate the firm’s proposition
- Experience of working with production to understand time estimates and schedules for the tasks provided
- Consistent record of interpreting briefs right first time and delivering design projects within agreed timeframes, effectively managing workloads within agreed timescales,
- Proactively monitor quality, accuracy and consistency
- Daily client liaison/stakeholder management
- 3+ years of graphic design experience working in-house or for an agency
- Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Competent on Sketch and After Effects
- Design-trained, understanding of good graphic design principles, typography, colour and composition
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
- Provides an accurate presentation of final artwork for production.
- Proven experience in designing for print in a corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of printing process.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your design thinking and core craft skills across a variety of client sectors and communications
- Eloquent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully explain concepts internally and externally
- Teamwork: An enthusiastic and hands on team player that builds and maintains strong working relationships with colleagues within the account and the agency, our partners and clients
- Contribute to the creative team knowledge base and actively be a source of inspiration on the latest trends on design and interaction
- Visionary – you love design and you want to continually set new benchmarks.
- Works under own initiative and collaboratively within a team
- Displays excellent project management skills·
- The aptitude to learn new software and programmes efficiently and effectively
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation.
- Ahead of the curve – you know what’s coming next and why it’s important.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram.