Dare are looking for a new HR Manager to work in the London hub to support a client group up to 200 people.
You will support a number of Client Service Directors (and their respective accounts) and some central teams ( Finance, Resourcing, Strategy & Data planning) .The role has a mixture of hands on operational work mixed with projects. As a HR department we are growing and evolving to be able to deliver a value- added people first service. You need to have good ER knowledge. Experience with TUPE is essential for this role given the nature of our business model.
You will be responsible for all day to day HR activities and be a point of escalation for the HR team.
This role would be suitable for someone that thrives in busy, fast paced environments.
Our business Model is unique and we hope that you are too. For the right person this role has the potential to develop into a strong number two for the People Director. We need you to have your finger on the pulse of new legislation with the wherewithal to help roll out legal requirements across the business ( for example Apprenticeship Levy and Gender Pay Gap reporting)
You will be expected to travel extensively throughout the UK to visit your accounts.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Management of a People Advisor
- Owner of our HR Operatiions – ensuring that we are legally compliant and we have the right systems and processes to support the smooth running of the department.
- Working with the rest of the HR Team to ensure that the workload in the department is evenly spread. First point of contact for your client groups. Providing sound and timely advice HR Advice on policy, process, employment law and best practice. This includes, but is not limited to: probationary reviews, absence management, the disciplinary process; handling grievances, performance management, the redundancy process and TUPE
- Create and develop effective working relationships with client groups. Be a trusted partner who is ‘under the skin’ of the business but able to take a step back to ensure alignment with wider people objectives and initiatives
- Interpret metrics and data and draw insights to support line management in making robust people and business decisions
- Work closely with the Engagement Director to ensure that cultural initiatives are rolled out within the Bournemouth office
- Collating development needs and feeding these into the wider HR team to ensure your client groups needs are met
- Lead on team projects – we have a number of projects coming up these will include ( a new global HRIS, People development and Talent Development initatives Flexible benefits ( or enhancing our current benefits package)
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent ER knowledge. You must be able to run the core HR processes: redundancies, Tupe transfers, disciplinaries and grievances and dismissals with little support
- You need experience managing a client group that are not all based under one roof.
- You are self aware and know when to reach out to your team and or the People Director for help
- You are a problem solver who can help resolve issues in the “best fit” not necessarily best practice wa.
- You are commercial and understand the key drivers of a business and how we can help enable revenue growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication style
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships
- Friendly and able to build relationships, you will also posses the ability to maintain professional distance
- You will have experience working with internal recruitment teams
- You will be a good manager and comfortable supporting your own direct reports alongside other members of the team.
- Proven experience working as an HR Generalist in a fast paced and professional environment and have the confidence to drive initiatives to a high standard
- You are willing to travel as requested across the UK
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s creating a new service for our clients or how we look after our team:
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for DARE
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for themselves
- Takes on difficult challenges willingly and realistically
- Has a can do attitude
- Shows commitment to the company vision for growth through adding value
- Identifies a range of solutions to problems
- Thinks of improvements to things without being prompted
- Challenges convention by exploring alternatives
- Demonstrates role model behaviours consistent with our vision and values
- Leads by example
- Deals with challenges and problems in a positive and constructive way
- Encourages others
- Sets achievable but high standards
- Demonstrates good leadership skills
- Uses inspiring communications to motivate clients and colleagues
- Achieves outstanding results
- Acts with humility and honesty
- Demonstrably values the contribution of others
- Gives honest and direct feedback in a constructive manner
- Has excellent listening skills
- Shows the ability to change their opinion/view
- Acknowledges the contribution of others
- Views challenges as a learning opportunity
- Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time
- Does not often make the same mistake twice
- Is willing to take risks
- Learns from mistakes and takes action to personally change
- Acknowledges the importance of tracking results
- Accepts responsibility for actions
- Looks for accountability
- Sets goals and focuses on their delivery
- Is comfortable with hard and soft targets
- Shows a strong commitment to exceeding targets
- Sets own goals
- Has strong time management
- Has an analytical approach to objectives
- Can handle complexity and ambiguity
- Looks to make goals SMART without prompting
- Goes “above and beyond” to deliver the goal