The HVAC Installation Lead ($10,000 Sign-On Bonus) will play a critical role in building and scaling Dandelion’s heat pump installation operations in Massachusetts! You will be the technical lead in the office, responsible for solving a variety of project specific design and installation challenges to improve volume, speed, and quality. You will focus on the pipeline of projects between signed contract and commissioned system, bringing a motivating attitude to help each project move along a little faster. You will be expected to contribute collaboratively as part of a small team, as well as work independently with minimal oversight and be a subject matter expert within Sheet Metal . You will deliver solutions quickly, adapt to changing business needs, and demonstrate a growth mindset. This position will report to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Resolve project specific technical challenges
Operate a regular place of sheet metal business, and, personally or through employed journeypersons, perform sheet metal work and supervise apprentices.
- Remove bottlenecks to production
- Perform project quality reviews and provide feedback and training to team
- Onboard and train new field employees
- Work collaboratively with operations team to identify and implement efficiency improvements
- Raise the bar on the technical sophistication of the installation and service teams
- Lead and support projects in the field when needed
- Coordinate with general contractors to schedule and perform site walks to evaluate progression of jobs, along with providing expertise and recommendations of installation processes
- Ability to read electrical and plumbing schematics
- Must have an active M1 or M2 Sheet Metal License in the State of Massachusetts
- Field installation experience in residential HVAC, including plumbing and electrical
- Service experience in HVAC, including troubleshooting, diagnostics, and system startup
- EPA 608 certification (universal) for stationary refrigeration
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Desire to work in a growth oriented, flexible, early stage environment
- Team player, high sense of responsibility, problem solver
- Proficiency in design and sizing of geothermal systems (Manuals J/S/D)
- Experience in ductwork and duct sizing
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- ($2,000 Sign-On Bonus)
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road... and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!