Our Geothermal HVAC Installers have an integral part in the success of Dandelion Energy. As we are growing and expanding our services, we are looking to hire an experienced, driven, proactive HVAC/R Installer who's excited about helping people improve their homes by switching to renewable energy. You'll be responsible for the installation of heat pumps in residential settings while coaching and leading our installation crew to perform the task with the highest regard to quality and safety. This role reports to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Install heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment, as well as accessories, in accordance with company requirements and manufacture specifications.
- Experience in refrigeration systems, including evacuation, charging, and brazing refrigerant pipe
- Fabricating ductwork off sets on plenums and building rigid trunk lines in sheet metal
- Joining pipe of various materials (copper, PEXa, HDPE)
- Handling low voltage control wiring
- Recovery/reclamation of refrigerants according to HVAC/R industry standards and best practices
- Perform startups, test, balance, and complete diagnostics (e.g. calculate and measure CFM)
- Read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, plan sets, and sequence of operations to ensure proper installation and operation of equipment
- Read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Follow detailed work instruction and collaborate in the process of refining those instructions to standardize work quality
- Maintain an open and collaborative line of communication with the Regional Operations Manager
- You have 3-5 years of prior experience with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of residential HVAC systems with a focus on refrigeration systems (heat pumps and air conditioners), pumps, blowers, fans, variable frequency drives, and all other associated mechanical and electrical systems
- You are willing/able to train and develop aspiring HVAC/Geothermal professionals
- You hold yourself and teammates to high safety and quality standards
- You are a great communicator via phone, text, email and in-person
- You are customer service oriented and are passionate about the delivery of a high level of customer satisfaction
- You are organized with strong problem-solving skills
- Because the job requires driving to Installations sites, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- You are able to lift up to 100 lbs
- EPA 608 Universal Certification (preferred)
- NATE Certification [Ground Source Heat Pump Installer or Air to Air Heat Pump] (preferred)
- IGSHPA Certified (preferred)
- Professional License-Holder (strongly preferred)
- Sheet metal fabrication (preferred)
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.