About the Role
As a Dandelion Utility and Rebates Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience in a G&A department at a renewable technology company backed by leading investors like Green Energy Ventures, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. We are looking for a driven individual with a basic understanding of utility and rebates principles who is ready for real-world experience. Under the direct supervision of our Utility and Rebates Manager, you can expect to participate in the preparation of rebate applications, analyze rebates and green loan data, research growth regions, and assist with other activities to grow the team. This is a paid six month, part-time internship with a minimum expectation of committing 15-20 hours a week remote work. New York residents and students preferred.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of a dynamic corporate team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support our day to day operations
- Assist in the preparation of rebate applications including compiling documents and reviewing installed equipment
- Research into potential markets in neighboring states
- Learn how our month end process works and how our financial statements come together
- Learn how generally accepted accounting principles and practices are integrated into the day to day business environment
- Perform analyses on rebates,incentives, and green loans available in the renewable energy space
- Shadow members of the G&A department
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about regulations and rebates in the renewable energy space
- A student actively working towards a Bachelors or Masters with some coursework or previous internship experience in engineering or physical sciences
- Experience with Excel. You are able to create and navigate worksheets with ease. You are comfortable actively applying newly learned formulas and logic to your work with appropriate mentorship
- Strong communication skills. You are able to form and express your opinions in a collaborative way
- Attention to detail is a must. In this role, you need to be a “safe pair of hands” - you are able to explain assumptions clearly and concisely and are proactive about asking questions when you are uncertain about the best path forward.
- Creative problem solving. You have a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Prioritization and resilience. You understand when and how to manage to a tight timeline while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Integrity. You must be able to handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Prior experience working with Quickbooks, Bill.com or CRM software a plus
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!