Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
Dandelion is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will qualify potential customers for the Dandelion Sales Team. The Sales Development Representative is the first point of contact between prospective customers and Dandelion and will be responsible for qualifying new leads. The ideal candidate has experience qualifying and/or selling leads on the phone and via email, and can rapidly qualify, convert, and assign those opportunities to sales consultants.
- Respond to inbound inquiries via phone, email, and other tools to further qualify new homeowners
- Draw prospects into initial discovery calls to understand current home heating and cooling
- Provide prospective clients with smooth scheduling of in-home sales consultations
- Work with Director of Marketing to improve the current customer retention marketing (CRM) system
- Share useful insights from lead qualification calls and emails with the sales team
- Meet or exceed monthly goals to maximize deal flow
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in demand development, lead generation, or sales
- Outstanding phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with HubSpot or other CRM software
- A knack for building relationships with potential customers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize your workload to maximize efficiency
- Ability to represent the company and our products with a high degree of professionalism
- Experience with home improvement or solar energy - Plus!
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.