We are looking for a team player to join our Service Team as an HVAC Technical Service Advisor. Your time will be split between working in the field at our most challenging installations and working remotely to support our customer care team in determining how to help customers with their HVAC concerns. In this role you will support our customer care team, service manager, and lead service technicians to assist in providing an exceptional customer experience for our homeowners.
This role requires exemplary communication skills, flexibility, and a great attitude.
- Troubleshoot hard to diagnose issues related to HVAC systems in the field
- Engage with homeowners to troubleshoot questions and concerns in person, over the phone or via email
- Provide technical support to Service Techs in the field
- Diagnose and troubleshoot airflow balancing solutions, identify and implement duct work improvements and troubleshoot electrical and refrigeration issues
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints
- Process warranty claims
- Review service reports
- Ability to work on-call in emergency situations
- Train junior technicians
Who you are:
- 10+ year of experience in the HVAC field
- Air balancing experience required
- Strong electrical background
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Ability to diagnose and repair refrigerant cycle components
- Understanding of manual J and manual D reports
- Committed to providing an outstanding customer experience
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!