Dandelion is looking for an Account Manager to help support our homeowners throughout the installation process. In this role, you will build relationships with homeowners, serve as their main point of contact post contract signing, and provide education to homeowners throughout the installation process. You will collaborate across departments to ensure the geothermal installation is flawless in scheduling and execution. You will own the resolution of homeowner escalations that may arise and be the voice of the customer. If you love working with people, and are driven to support a company that is innovative, fast paced, and really doing something great for the world, this could be the opportunity for you.
What you will do:
- Act as the main contact for homeowners through the installation process
- Act as the single point of contact between homeowner and other internal departments
- Set clear expectations so homeowners know what comes next throughout each phase of installation and beyond and own the customer experience throughout the process
- Problem solve for and advise homeowners to ensure a successful installation
- Own the resolution of customer escalations in a way that satisfies the homeowner’s concerns while being mindful of the bottom line
- Work cross departmentally to effectively communicate and resolve customer concerns
- Work with other account managers and operations leaders to efficiently schedule each portion of homeowner installations
- Provide homeowner feedback about the installation process in an effort to continually enhance the customer experience and increase NPS scores
- Provide feedback, collaborate, and execute process improvements
- Manage the Change Order process to ensure any changes is scope are adequately communicated to the customer and internal stakeholders
Who you are:
- Previous customer support experience is a must
- Comfortable handling complex escalations
- Ability to build trust and rapport with homeowners and internal departments
- Excellent active listening skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box
- Strong time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Comfortable working with a CRM
- Thrives in fast paced environment
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.