We are looking for Connecticut and New York Licensed Plumbers to join our team! As part of the installation team you will contribute your plumbing expertise to installing residential geothermal heating and cooling systems with supplemental domestic hot water heating. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn about other geothermal installation trades outside of just plumbing. In this role, you will be joining a fast growing team looking to bring scale to the geothermal heat pump industry.
Licenses we’re looking for
- Connecticut P-1 Unlimited Plumbing Contractor
- Connecticut P-2 Unlimited Journeyperson Plumber
- Westchester County NY Master Plumber
- Westchester County NY Journeyman Plumber
- Installing geothermal systems including domestic hot water piping and geothermal ground loop piping
- Joining pipe of various materials (copper, PEXa, HDPE, PVC)
- Contribute to the full system installation when necessary including: HVAC, electrical, low voltage, system start-up
- Perform startups, test, balance, and complete diagnostics (e.g. calculate and measure flow rate)
- Read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, plan sets, and sequence of operations to ensure proper installation and operation of equipment
- Read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Follow detailed work instruction and collaborate in the process of refining those instructions to standardize work quality
- Maintain an open and collaborative line of communication with the Regional Operations Manager
- Must hold a current plumbing license in good standing with the state and/or county
- 3+ Years prior hands on residential or commercial plumbing experience
- Experience working with copper, PEXa, PVC, HDPE
- Residential HVAC and electrical experience is a plus
- You hold yourself and teammates to high safety and quality standards
- You are a great communicator via phone, text, email and in-person
- You are customer service oriented and are passionate about the delivery of a high level of customer satisfaction
- You are organized with strong problem-solving skills
- You are able to lift 50 lbs
- Because the job requires driving to our clients, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces usin Next g oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.