Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
The Equipment Operator- Excavator position is integral to the success of Dandelion Energy. The ideal candidate will be extremely driven, proactive by nature and excited about helping people improve their homes by switching to renewable energy. The role is a field based position and will spend the majority of her/his time performing tasks associated with the excavation trades. Success in the Equipment Operator role will result from teamwork, craftsmanship, communication, attitude, and aptitude.
This role reports to the Regional Operations Manager
- Operation of Excavation Equipment
- Installing HDPE pipe/fittings
- Excavating and Installing HDPE pipe from Borehole to Heat Pump
- Responsible for landscaping the site to company standards
- Experience running various sizes of Excavators, Skid Steers, and other equipment
- Experience with residential construction is a plus
- You are customer service oriented
- You are organized with strong problem-solving skills
- Because the job requires driving to Installations sites in Westchester County and Hudson Valley, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a real self-starter–you get stuff done
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.