Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
Dandelion is looking for an Operations Analyst to support our operations team and report directly to the SVP of Operations to build out the metrics and reports needed to run Dandelion's operations. In this role you will collaborate across all operations departments to ensure the correct data is available to judge if key KPI’s and initiatives are being executed successfully. You will be working to integrate the data from new software systems into the regular reporting needed to run the business. You will work closely with engineers to build out the data sources needed to conduct analysis yourself and to enable business users to conduct their own analysis using BI tools. You will help discover and define, through your analysis, ways to drive and improve the economics and customer experience of the business. If you love working with people and data to tell stories and provide insights that drive daily and strategic decision making this is the role for you.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain the models and dashboards in our BI platform - Looker
- Drive strategic decisions across the organization through careful analysis of KPIs and metrics
- Develop automated and advanced reporting for individual team needs
- Help team leads set benchmarks for monthly and quarterly goals
- Collaborate with our engineering team to ensure we have access to the data we need
Who you are:
- 2-4 years of experience writing SQL and working with BI platforms (preferably Looker)
- Advanced SQL skills - any knowledge of R or scripting languages is a bonus
- Able to analyze data and then use your analysis tell a story and drive action with key stakeholders
- Ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
- Expert Excel / Google sheets
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics or a related field
- A self-driven individual who can show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
- Strong time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Thrives in fast paced environment
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- Flexible WFH Policy
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.