Our Geothermal HVAC Installers have an integral part in the success of Dandelion Energy. As we are growing and expanding our services, we are looking to hire an experienced, driven, proactive Senior HVAC/R Installer who's excited about helping people improve their homes by switching to renewable energy. You'll be responsible for the installation of heat pumps in residential settings while coaching and leading our installation crew to perform the task with the highest regard to quality and safety. This role reports to the Regional Operations Manager
Primary Responsibilities and Required Skills
- Install heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment, as well as accessories, in accordance with company requirements and manufacture specifications.
- Proficient in refrigeration systems, including evacuation, charging, and brazing refrigerant pipe
- Proficient in fabricating ductwork off sets on plenums and building rigid trunk lines in sheet metal
- Proficient in joining pipe of various materials (copper, PEXa, HDPE)
- Proficient in low voltage control wiring
- Proficient in the recovery/reclamation of refrigerants according to HVAC/R industry standards and best practices
- Ability to perform startups, test, balance, and complete diagnostics (e.g. calculate and measure CFM)
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, plan sets, and sequence of operations to ensure proper installation and operation of equipment
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Ability to plan projects including material requests and scope of work verification
- Ability to follow detailed work instruction and collaborate in the process of refining those instructions to standardize work quality
- Ability to maintain an open and collaborative line of communication with the Regional Operations Manager
- You have 5+ years of prior experience with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of residential HVAC systems with a focus on refrigeration systems (heat pumps and air conditioners), pumps, blowers, fans, variable frequency drives, and all other associated mechanical and electrical systems
- You are willing/able to train and develop aspiring HVAC/Geothermal professionals
- You hold yourself and teammates to high safety and quality standards
- You are a great communicator via phone, text, email and in-person
- You are customer service oriented and are passionate about the delivery of a high level of customer satisfaction
- You are organized with strong problem-solving skills
- Because the job requires driving to Installations sites, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
Other Qualifications (required/preferred)
- EPA 608 Universal Certification (required)
- NATE Certification [Ground Source Heat Pump Installer or Air to Air Heat Pump] (preferred)
- IGSHPA Certified (preferred)
- Professional License-Holder (strongly preferred)
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.