Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
Dandelion is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will qualify potential customers for the Dandelion Sales Team. The Sales Development Representative is the first point of contact between prospective customers and Dandelion and will be responsible for qualifying new leads. The ideal candidate has experience qualifying and/or selling leads on the phone and via email, and can rapidly qualify, convert, and assign those opportunities to sales consultants.
- Respond to inbound inquiries via phone, email, and other tools to further qualify new homeowners
- Draw prospects into initial discovery calls to understand current home heating and cooling
- Provide prospective clients with smooth scheduling of in-home sales consultations
- Work with Director of Marketing to improve the current customer retention marketing (CRM) system
- Share useful insights from lead qualification calls and emails with the sales team
- Meet or exceed monthly goals to maximize deal flow
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in demand development, lead generation, or sales
- Outstanding phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with HubSpot or other CRM software
- A knack for building relationships with potential customers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize your workload to maximize efficiency
- Ability to represent the company and our products with a high degree of professionalism
- Experience with home improvement or solar energy - Plus!
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.