Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States,Today we operate in 21 states with 144 dispensaries and servicing nearly 2,200 wholesale partner accounts. We have 29 cultivation sites and over 6,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Responsible for leading a team of hourly employees in vegetative garden cultivation operations with a continuous focus on compliance, safety accountability, product integrity, team productivity and cost. Support additional department operations, which include but are not limited to mother plant care, cloning, inventory control and supporting the flower garden as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Cultivation Technicians in the performance of cultivation tasks such as watering, feeding, defoliating, transplanting, organizing, cleaning cultivation spaces and operator-level maintenance in the vegetative garden space.
- Co-lead and support additional department functions such as sanitation, room preparation, mother plant care, cloning, etc.
- Care for cannabis plants via transplanting, pruning and fertilizing with oversight from Cultivation management.
- Lead and pace the team to ensure adherence to the grow plan and schedule.
- Ensure product integrity; making sure plant quality is maintained while being cloned, grown and harvested.
- Safely handle and apply sanitizing, foliar and preventative chemical sprays.
- Perform daily audits of garden rooms to maintain optimal growing conditions.
- Monitor/report problems with lighting, HVAC, CO2, irrigation and air flow systems.
- Monitor humidity/temperature levels and report readings that are out of tolerance.
- Perform pest inspection and mitigation activities to prevent/remediate mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Maintain the correct plant structure and level of foliage to allow for proper airflow and light penetration by removing leaves strategically per schedule.
- Measure and dispose of plant waste in accordance with state regulations.
- Support department core metrics (quantity, quality, and productivity objectives).
- Measure planned versus actual performance on an hourly cadence.
- Utilize and maintain production data files, records, and reports such as the Daily Hour-by-Hour Tracker, load plans, grow schedules, and plant inventory.
- Support tracking and recordkeeping functions with the state seed-to-sale e-system MJ Freeway remaining in compliance with DOH rules and regulations.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP) for all operations, ensuring adherence to company and regulatory compliance (proper weighing, data recording, product tracking, security, green waste disposal, etc.
- Train and coach team members in accordance with SOP.
- Remain engaged with department continuous improvement and occupational safety initiatives such as the 5S program and Hazard Communication.
- Hold self and others accountable at all times.
- Assist management with cultivation scheduling and resource planning (labor, consumables) daily/weekly/monthly.
- Support the 5S program and Sanitation Schedules. Serve as a team champion for sanitation and bio-security.
- Pass on key communications from management and keep the team informed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 1-year relevant experience with team leadership in a commercial cannabis, agricultural, or landscaping setting preferred (growing, harvesting, etc.).
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation.
- Understand basic weight and measurement concepts and able to operate various scales and meters.
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties, including but not limited to:
- Sitting, standing and performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Standing, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted, carrying plants, product totes, pushing carts, etc.
- Able to use hands, wrists, and forearms repetitively and with dexterity in job duties.
- Able to wear required personal protective equipment for the duration of the shift.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending, and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Required to stand for extended periods, lifting of objects regularly, and daily repetitive tasks
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for 100 feet
- Ensure Accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Problem Solving – In a team setting, identifies and helps resolve problems in a timely manner asking for help when needed.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Is available to the team when needed.
- Quality Management – Explores ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and tenacity.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works ethically with integrity. Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Supports organizational goals and values. Leads by example.
- Strategic Thinking – Supports and contributes to strategies to achieve organizational goals. Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses and takes action to improve the current state.
- Planning/Organizing – Assists with the prioritizing and planning work activities and resources. Uses time efficiently. Understands goals and objectives and communicates them clearly.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Practices empathy, humility and objectivity and is a team resource.
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time and to standard or notifies superior of problems. Contributes ideas to every solution.
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The Team Member is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Team Member may have exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for Team Members to utilize.
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.