Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
The Lead Dispensary Associate cooperates with and reinforces the Dispensary Management team objectives of maintaining all Curaleaf dispensary department operations in compliance with the New Jersey Department of Health Medicinal Marijuana Program (MMP)
The Lead Dispensary Associate collaborates with the management team and the Curaleaf peer group to develop, document and implement practices, policies, and strategies that support a performance and results-driven culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains highest level of presentation, customer service, and compassion to all patients.
- Assists in managing the Curaleaf dispensary department in a manner that supports the Directors objectives that are defined by the President and the Board of Trustees.
- Provides support and assurance that all departmental operations such as admissions, patient consulting, product dispensing, cash management, inventory management, inventory auditing, outreach, marketing and ordering are functioning with integrity and in the most cost efficient, compassionate and compliant manner.
- Maintains departmental compliance with the NJMMP and HIPPA regulations iincluding but not limited to training, patient record keeping, submissions of reports, preparation of policies and procedures.
- Participates in training, updates and communicating all departmental SOPs to employees, ensuring that employees are in compliance and assists the employees in best practices for organizational management.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance in all transactions and reports
- Performs the required cash management duties to record all sales and inventory transactions related to opening, daily operations, making change and closing of the dispensary when the Assistant Dispensary Manager is not present
- Performs the required dispensing duties including admissions, verification of patient’s eligibility, allotment verification, entering patient data into the state registry, Bio Track and any other database required.
- Proactively and continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the patient’s experience
- Supervises all hourly dispensary staff during times when the Dispensary Assistant Manager/Director is not present.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable about state and local laws, regulations and industry news
- Assists in the ordering of all dispensary and office supplies
- Other duties as required/assigned to meet goals
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and ensuring that all patient visitor procedures are followed by employees and fully coordinated with the security department including opening and closing procedures. These procedures must be followed in a way to provide the patient the utmost pleasurable and positive experience.
- Provides the highest level of customer service
- Consulting patients on strains while at dispensing counter.
- Dispensing patient medication including but not limited to; selecting and scanning packages, printing patient info labels for packages, finalizing sales, printing receipts, reconciling transactions.
- Verifying that all patient recommendations are valid in the state registry system and the patient has the available allotment open for purchase.
- Checking patient labels to verify the patient name and ID matches Biotrack and the state registry.
- Entering patient purchase amounts in the state registry system.
- Ensuring daily and the nightly reconcile “End of the Day” Compare Reports.
- Cross -checking between the state purchase report & Biotrack sales ticket report to make sure the quantities dispensed were entered correctly and tie to the proper patient - (this takes place 3x a day by 3 different employees)
- Reporting any discrepancies to our state regulator at the end of the day so corrections can be made without violations.
- Performing daily audits to ensure accurate inventory counts.
- Responsible for documenting /moving inventory from vault to stations to conduct sales.
- Processing paraphernalia sales.
- Updating all daily strains menus and TV’s with pertinent information.
- Prepare the weekly task sheet and assign goals to associates
- Report any cash/dispensary discrepancies in the incident report log and verify with the Dispensary Manager
- Ensure that all closing procedures are completed at the close of business Other ad-hoc assignments as requested
- Participates in, fulfills and supports the Dispensary Director in fulfilling departmental functions from time to time. Including but not limited to; Compliance, Cash Management, Inventory Control and Management, Patient Consultations and Marketing and Outreach.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Associates Degree in business, management, or related areas (or equivalent work experience)
- One year in a progressively fast paced Dispensary experience, including at least one year in a management position a plus
- Ability to manage a team of staff members at a time during normal business hours in a fast paced, heavily regulated environment
- Internal applicants must be in current role for 6 months to be considered for this role
- Experience in inventory management and reconciliation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computing skills
- Innate desire to achieve success and a work ethic to match
- Ability to critically think and problem solve without direction
- High level of integrity
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.