Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
In this role with Curaleaf, the process chemist will assist with multistep synthetic processes including semi-synthetic conversions from conception through production, especially at the pilot batch stage culminating in SOP generation. You will work in our R&D lab helping to expand Curaleaf’s cannabinoid portfolio and explore their incorporation into novel product candidates.
- Preparation and procurement of reagents
- Operation of material processing equipment
- Analytical instrumentation skills for compound characterization (especially TLC, 1H and 13C NMR, LCMS, GC-FID and GCMS data interpretation)
- Contribute to the preparation of standard operating procedures for use in manufacturing facilities
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills are required. Regular interactions with analytical, formulations, and biochemistry teams are a part of product development
- Ability to follow standard procedures, record experimental details and communicate data in a complete, concise, and accurate manner is highly desired. Must communicate clearly with other chemists, with other types of scientists, and with nonscientists
- BA / BS / MS, undergraduate research experience is an advantage
- 1-3 years of industry experience in process chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
- Synthetic organic chemistry skills, including purification and identification of products
- Working knowledge of organic chemistry at both mechanistic and strategic planning levels
- Kilogram scale process chemistry experience is an advantage
- Basic awareness of chemical literature
- Ability to evaluate potential problems with both their own and others’ research projects
Curaleaf is an equal opportunity employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.