Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Summary: This position will ensure that all irrigation and fertigation requirements are followed accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop nutrient programs with the Cultivation Manager to ensure strain specific needs are met.
- Maintain strategy for crop irrigation and feeding schedules: duration and frequency.
- Work closely with the grow team to ensure irrigation/fertigation plan is properly implemented and maintained.
- Maintain inventory of all fertilizers on site.
- Ensure fertilizer concentrate tanks are filled adequately.
- Respond to system alarms and diagnose/troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively.
- Take measurements, record data and observations.
- Write and execute Standard Operating Procedures related to fertigation.
- Performs regular calibration of nutrient testing instruments.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of general irrigation equipment: valves, emitters, drip stakes, drip tubing, and bench lines.
- Monitor soil moisture content of the crop and obtain water samples for testing.
- Able to work variable shifts to meet business requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work-flows and procedures.
- Monitor the crop for nutrient deficiencies and toxicities.
- In conversation with the Cultivation Manager, adjust nutrient recipe as needed to react to crop conditions.
Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- General MS office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must log all fertigation and irrigation events for each batch and calculate total applied nutrition and water.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Monitor substrate moisture daily to optimize fertigation duration and frequency.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Botany, Agriculture, Ag Business, Environmental Science, Ecology, Soil Science, Horticulture or similar degree preferred.
- Three to five years of management experience.
- One to two years’ experience growing cannabis in a regulated facility is preferred.
- Previous experience in a licensed cannabis production facility preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, carrying, sitting, and repetitive motions. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds, manage stairs, and perform typical cleaning of facilities and equipment
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.