Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator with a dominant presence on both the East and West coasts of the United States, the largest cannabis market in the world. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, Curaleaf and Select, provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Strategically positioned in highly populated, limited-license states, the company currently operates in 14 states with 53 dispensaries, 15 cultivation sites, and 24 processing sites. Following the Select closing, Curaleaf will employ over 2,200 people across the United States.
Curaleaf’s Senior Accountant will work within the finance department and support senior management and staff through performing complex technical and administrative functions including general accounting, payroll administration, bookkeeping, financial reporting and administrative support. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing cross-functional tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment and must be able to wear multiple hats.
To perform monthly closing procedures in moderate to subjective and high-risk areas to produce financial statements in a timely manner. To prepare account analysis and general ledger account reconciliations for the most critical and subjective accounting areas of the Company.
Senior Accountants are assigned to high risk and/or subjective accounting areas that require strong analytical skills as a basis for applying their judgment on accruing estimated revenues or expenses. Senior Accountants are expected to possess strong problem-solving skills along with the effective communication skills needed to discuss and explain accounting issues with the accounting management team. Senior Accountants should have the ability to coordinate project work with other department managers to improve accounting processes and/or build accounting efficiencies within the Accounting Department’s monthly and quarterly closing cycles.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather necessary supporting documentation to enter journal entries into the general ledger accounting system.
- Responsible for the preparation and posting of all journal entries, analysis and reconciliation related to specifically assigned general ledger accounts.
- Create, maintain and use sophisticated, organized spreadsheets, to calculate related journal entries and/or perform analysis.
- Perform in-depth analysis of financial statements, including subjective accounting areas that require strong analytical skills as a basis for reconciling differences and resolving issues.
- Work directly with the Director of Finance on a regular basis to address accounting issues within critical accounts.
- Take an ownership and leadership role in assigned tasks and projects.
- Assit other Ad-Hoc tasks to be defined.
- Analysis and update inventory usage and write-off, for various stages of the product.
- Identify and resolve inventory reconciling items.
- Review of inventory receipts and purchasing activity for inventory vendors to ensure reasonableness of any recorded variances and ensure all liabilities are properly recorded.
Education Required: BS in Accounting
Preferred: Masters in Accounting, MBA and/or CPA license
Experience Required: 3-5 years general ledger accounting and financial analysist experience.
- Advanced Excel skills required, including the ability to use V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experienced in the use of accounting software (experience in Microsoft Dynamics accounting software preferred)
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to accomplish difficult tasks with minimal oversight and maintain a consistent level of accuracy in all assigned areas
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to present solutions to difficult accounting problems
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and follow-up skills