Quality Assurance Technician
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator with a dominant presence on both the East and West coasts of the United States, the largest cannabis market in the world. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, Curaleaf and Select, provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Strategically positioned in highly populated, limited-license states, the company currently operates in 14 states with 53 dispensaries, 15 cultivation sites, and 24 processing sites. Following the Select closing, Curaleaf will employ over 2,200 people across the United States.
Summary Compiles and verifies inventory records and confirms product quality requirements are met by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts inventory inspections to monitor and ensure traceability of plant/product movement throughout the facility.
- Performs or assists in quality control inspections as directed to confirm established product quality requirements have been achieved.
- Promptly communicates identified discrepancies to team leads, and documents accordingly. Investigates & participates in correction activities as directed.
- Accurately completes documentation & enters data to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains strict adherence to established procedures.
- Participates in problem solving activities to drive process improvements.
The ability to speak, read/write in English, basic math skills, and practical experience using computer software like Microsoft Office, are essential for success in this role. The candidate must exhibit the behaviors below and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily after a reasonable amount of training.
Can do attitude- Focuses on solving problems, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Team Player – Balances individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Ethical - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Safety and Security focused - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.