Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
About the role
You’ll be joining a team that works on crafting the central shared services that underpin our product – #team_core_services. This software stack, that you’ll play a pivotal role in contributing to, helps companies understand their people and make meaningful change to their workplace culture. All our teams are cross-functional and have the autonomy and responsibility for bringing features from conception all the way through to owning them in production, and you’ll be involved throughout that process.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer on one of our teams you can expect to:
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems across our codebases as you build features and help us move to a distributed and event-driven architecture.
- Collaborate with other engineers in your team through pair/mob programming, writing solution designs, or giving feedback on pull requests, to build shared understanding of your work.
- Work with the product managers and designers in your team to understand customer problems and help to develop, refine, and then implement solutions.
- Maintain and support the services your team is responsible for. Ensure our dependencies are up-to-date, observe and understand services in production, refactor code, and attend to issues raised by our customers.
This job is for you if:
- You have experience in building web-based software applications.
- You are a proactive and clear communicator.
- You seek to understand and solve customer problems.
- Your process involves documenting your work.
- You have experience writing and operating backend services.
- You are proficient with Go, Ruby or TypeScript (or are willing to learn).
- You understand the value of test-driven development and know how and when to add integration and unit tests.
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently.
- You’re aligned with our values and demonstrate them through your working practice.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would check every box here — what’s important is that you arrive with a strong set of fundamentals, and that you’re committed to building the skills you’ll need to do great work. Similarly, while we use a range of specific technologies — Go, AWS, TypeScript, Kafka, React, Ruby/Rails — you don’t need to have direct experience with them for this position and there’ll be opportunities to learn as part of the role.
Research shows us that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested. We’d love to learn how your unique experience will improve our teams and widen our perspective.
Supporting you at work
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A new computer and budgets for setting you up to work where and how you want
- A stake in the company’s success through our employee share options program
- Flexible working hours and arrangements so you can create a schedule that suits you
- Generous parental leave allowances and at-work support programs for both primary and secondary carers
- Resources and flexible budgets for coaching, well-being, and to support your growth
Culture Amp believes that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world inside and outside of work. View our current commitments to anti-racism →