We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from the West Coast of the United States. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, we empower companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the US, UK, and Australia. We’re recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work on our website.
About the opportunity
Have you ever wanted to build a platform for other engineers? Have you ever built a chat app? The Flow of Work team is doing both! We’re building an internal service to make it super simple to build chat workflows. Through chat workflows, Culture Amp product teams will be enabled to create habit-forming experiences that improve the world of work for Culture Amp customers.
You’ll have a chance to make a large contribution since we’re still in the early days of building the services. We’re looking for talented engineers that are comfortable with uncertainty, thrive on solving challenging problems, and care deeply about creating rich experiences for Culture Amp users. Give us a shout if this sounds like you.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You will be surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well as sharing your knowledge with them as well.
Some of our upcoming work you'll get a chance to get involved in;
- Designing and building integrations that allow interactive tasks in Slack and MS Teams
- Scale our microservices infrastructure to millions of users.
- Add additional Chat Platforms to the offering beyond Slack & Microsoft Teams (e.g. Zoom, Google Hangouts, Discord, & more).
- Porting more Culture Amp products (e.g. Engagement surveys, 1-1s, goals, and more) into Chat Platforms.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a modern coding language. We know great software engineers can learn new languages. You are likely to find yourself working with Go, Typescript, and Ruby but not limited to only these.
- Comfort with software engineering design principles such as …
- distributed solutions in a cloud hosting environment,
- Object-Oriented Design,
- Test Driven Development,
- seviceless solutions and continuous delivery.
- An openness to learn and take on a challenge
Please keep reading!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates that meet significantly fewer of the requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested: we’d love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.