Culture Amp is the world’s most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people and culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science and powerful technology. Over 5500 companies like Airbnb, Slack, and Deliveroo trust Culture Amp to collect, understand and connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people and guide them on the best actions to drive positive behavior change and lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand and influence culture at scale is no longer a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘necessary-to-survive’.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp is looking for an exceptional Sales Operations Manager that will focus on our Global Sales Development practice to drive and implement decisions around our strategy, processes, and tools. This will unlock potential for our Sales Development teams to increase pipeline production (inbound and outbound) across our global teams. Whilst the role has a focus on Sales Development, there will be need to flex into all areas of Sales Operations as well as Revenue Operations.
- Create and analyze reporting on key metrics for both inbound and outbound sales development within tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, Gong and our BI tool.
- Be a strategic partner in constantly improving our well-established inbound and fast growing outbound sales channel
- Partner with senior leaders including global VP and Directors of Sales Development to set strategy and achieve goals
- Introduce changes and optimizations to process and technology to improve the performance of the Sales Development team and enhance our customer experience
- Play a key role in planning for global sales development teams across topics such as headcount, quota, bonus and territories.
- “Partner with exceptional marketing and analytics teams to develop A/B tests for the sales development practice.”
- At least ~2 years of consecutive Revenue Operations experience in Sales, ideally for Sales Development specifically
- An understanding of, and experience with, Sales Development teams
- Ability to analyze and communicate key trends in Sales Development for both leading and lagging indicators.
- Proven experience improving processes and managing technology in a fast-paced SaaS environment. Extensive experience with SFDC and Sales Engagement tools like Outreach and Salesloft.
- Experience in managing cross-team projects to completion
- Analytical (can translate data into meaningful insights and drive business outcomes)
- Organized (can manage a project in ambiguity and maintain useful documentation)
- Strong collaborator and communicator (you can bring senior stakeholders along with a clear plan and onboard teams to new processes)
- An Owner (you find ways to deliver on a project plan despite obstacles)
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp
- What is a People Geek?
- Learn how Culture Amp has impacted businesses around the world
- What does Culture First mean?