Who We Are
What do Asana, Bombas, Slack and Salesforce have in common? Along with 5,000+ other companies around the world, they are committed to building a better world of work using Culture Amp.
We are remote-friendly, with offices in San Francisco, Melbourne, New York, and London, Culture Amp is the market leader in employee experience, helping all companies put people and culture first. By making it easy to help teams engage, perform and develop through a powerful and easy to use platform, we empower People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people & culture platform.
We are open to remote candidates in the Central and Eastern timezone for this role
The People Scientist role entails being a thought leader in the HR and engagement space while assisting customers with survey question design, analyzing survey results, developing performance management processes, advising on communication approaches, and establishing feedback strategies for our customers at the organization, group, and individual level. People scientists work directly with current and prospective customers to explain the science behind measuring and improving employee engagement and performance management processes using Culture Amp’s platform. Our ideal candidates will be able to present their expertise on both the academic and applied study of today’s workforce in personable and engaging ways that align with both educational partnerships and sales relationships.
Your greatest skill is being able to listen and understand our customers’ needs and provide clarity around direction and strategy. You love empowering people and your passion lies in diving into data to uncover stories and provide insights, as well as imparting knowledge to up-skill customers and coworkers. We are looking for a hungry, energetic, dedicated professional to work with a close-knit customer team that takes users all the way from leads to champions across customers ranging in size from tens to tens of thousands of employees. We want someone who shares our passion for simplifying people analytics and performance management, teaching clients to draw insights from data on their own, and building our community of amazing people geeks. This position is for a mid- to senior-level role with no direct reports working with customers based on the Eastern Time Zone.
- Collaborate with customers (pre-sale and post-sale) to design and build people-centric feedback and performance management strategies
- Contribute to survey question design sessions and lead results review sessions with a variety of clients, from HR professionals within larger companies to CEOs at smaller businesses
- Work with client data and survey outcomes to identify the most valuable themes and stories to help our clients improve their culture and business outcomes
- Generate actionable and predictive insights from HR data sets, including engagement surveys, lifecycle surveys (onboarding to exit), and individual/team effectiveness feedback
- Coach clients on aligning business strategy with performance management and employee feedback approaches using the Culture Amp platform
- Support and build domain expertise for our customer facing teams through coaching and training
- Contribute to improving internal processes and culture within Culture Amp
- Contribute to internal and external thought leadership on HR issues in a variety of industries and regions
- Present HR analytics research, client survey results and training masterclasses to HR leaders, executive teams, and prospective Culture Amp clients
- Experience working in a high growth, global SaaS company and in HR Tech preferred
What do you (ideally) bring to the team?
- Master’s or PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, HR/Business Analytics or related field
- 3+ years of applied experience working as an HRBP within an organization and/or consulting to organizations. Enterprise experience is highly preferred;
- At least 2 years of applied experience working with surveys throughout the employee lifecycle (candidate, onboarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) and/or 360-type feedback processes
- Experience designing, implementing and analyzing surveys, as well as presenting results to executives and HR leaders
- Performance management system implementation experience not necessary but highly preferred
- Strong presentation skills especially when explaining data and connecting it to potential actions
- Basic knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages such as R or SPSS; moderate knowledge of statistics and basic knowledge of predictive analytics techniques preferred
- And proficiency in the usual software tools (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, Google docs) as well as a willingness to learn and work with new technology systems.
After 3 months you’ll:
- Work cross-functionally to teach new customers how to use the platform
- Assist our Sales & Customer Success teams in closing deals and launching customers
- Advise HR leaders on their employee engagement & effectiveness strategies to create change within their organizations
- Conduct survey design sessions, train customers on how to best interpret their results, and present the results to HR and other leaders
- Assist our Marketing team to develop action-oriented and compelling thought leadership content for our blog, newsletters, and social media based on leading science
- Attend and present at a variety of events where we interact with our community – including People Geekup webinars, masterclasses, conferences, etc.
A few highlights from Culture Amp
If you are truly excited about this role and meet the requirements mentioned above, please submit: 1) your resume, and 2) a cover letter which identifies five specific reasons why you feel you’d be a great addition to our team. Thank you very much for your time and interest!