Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 4,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
We are on a journey of building a practice focused on designing systems with testability and observability as core principles. To drive this strategy, we are building a quality enablement team to support coaching and in house consulting to our feature teams. Doing this will require a diversity of skillsets and know how ranging from test automation, data engineering, security and infrastructure. We are looking for a Staff Engineer to help us drive the strategy both within and across the teams.
We are looking for T-Shaped Engineers. People who can apply themselves to a number of technical challenges such as infrastructure, data and test automation. They don’t have to be experts in all areas, but should have a core strength area.
You will help define a detailed roadmap for test automation in Culture Amp for a distributed architecture, covering all aspects of test automation (with or without a pyramid). One of our aspirations is to apply a suitable level of consistency and repeatability across teams where it makes sense.
We need you to be able to discern when consistency of approach and tooling is advantageous and when it simply doesn’t make sense and to be able to explain the why behind the decision.
You must have implemented frameworks focused on empowering teams to write high value automated performance/load, reliability and integration tests.
And of course we want you to help build quality in, by creating space for conversations on testability and observability.
Our tech stack includes React (Typescript), Ruby, Kotlin, and Go. Our infrastructure runs on AWS. Our automated testing is currently powered by technologies including Jest, RSpec, Cypress, K6, Flood.io, and Playwright. We have full CI/CD, deploy many times per day, and embrace the SRE model for reliability including SLIs and SLOs.
If you are passionate about making a difference and helping us all evolve our quality across engineering we’d love to connect with you.
As part of our engineering team:
- Working closely with feature teams to identify ways to improve quality, scope & perform the foundations of this work, part of which is coaching engineers on effective tool usage such as good test design and test automation patterns.
- Build a technical foundation in terms of tooling and ways of working that product feature teams can draw upon as required
- Implement a test automation strategy that empowers teams to be writing high-value automated performance/load, reliability, and integration tests.
- Experience in implementing consumer driven contract testing into engineering practices.
- Good understanding of modern architecture and demonstrated capability in designing systems with data and quality in mind
- Strong understanding of what quality means, and experience coaching others on how they can contribute to overall quality
- Curious and willing to learn. When a team member doesn’t understand something, we encourage them to dig in, learn something new and then share their learning with others.
- Collaborative and communicative with others about your work. We work out loud in our mission based teams so everyone is on the same page, even those who work remotely or in different time zones.
- Able to explain the why behind tooling and practices you recommend, giving people practical examples and working through them collaboratively.
- Empathetic towards different stakeholders (including testers, developers and delivery leads) and understand how your solution may impact their day-to-day work in the long term.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.